Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2016 12:09:32 AM EDT
Got a new AR flat-top carbine and nothing really suitable rings or optics-wise to put on it. Really not sure what I want on it permanent...so I go to the local Wal Mart and see a cheap red/green dot scope that looks suitable to stick on the sightless AR temporarily and get it shooting.

I buy the little Chinese 1x 'Centerpoint' scope(with rings included in blister-pack)...stick it on the 16" AR and bore-sight it. Hmmmm? Weird...no up/down/left/right adjustment required...just bolt it on and it's bore-sites good.

Ok so that's cool...This afternoon my son and I go and fire first shots....and the 5.56mm DPMS carbine/cheap Chinese dot optic combination is so close to perfectly dialed-in it astounded me! ...I did raise her up 2 clicks elevation..but really it was damn close to perfect just pulling the DPMS carbine out of the box and yanking the hang-tag off the triggerguard...cutting the CenterPoint dot scope out of the blisterpack and screwing it together!

Never have had it that easy!.. Always have to fiddle with the adjustments to get bore-sighted...then fiddle-around with the adjustment to get things perfectly sighted-in. Wasn't aware that an optic could ever be installed with so little fuss....

Does that happen often?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Not often,  Bigger question is how  long does it stayed zeroed?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I put a Bushnell scope on a 10/22 once and went to line it up and first shot was dead center on the bullseye, so I recheck and sure enough it was perfect out of the box.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top