Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2016 7:05:17 PM EDT
I have two Leupold MK AR scopes (1") both in 3x9 with the FireDot TRM reticle.

The dot is not centered... it is in the lower right corner of the reticle... anyone else have the same issue?

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean just out of the cross hairs lower right?

Do you have astigmatism?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you mean just out of the cross hairs lower right?

Do you have astigmatism?
View Quote

Yes... it's touching both the vertical and horizontal line... just ever so discernible NOT in the center. Yes, I wear glasses/contacts and believe I have astigmatism... is that the cause? I've never experienced any other optical related issues in scopes or red dots... interesting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a rifle with a red dot sight (Eotech, Aim Point, etc)?

If so... are the red dots not crisp and well defined?  If not astigmatism may be the problem.

Astigmatism could be the problem you are having with the Leupold.

Is there someone with "good eyesight" (no need for glasses) to look through the scope and see if they see the same "problem" as you?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you have a rifle with a red dot sight (Eotech, Aim Point, etc)?

If so... are the red dots not crisp and well defined?  If not astigmatism may be the problem.

Astigmatism could be the problem you are having with the Leupold.

Is there someone with "good eyesight" (no need for glasses) to look through the scope and see if they see the same "problem" as you?
View Quote

Yep... I use Aimpoint and EoTech sights with no issues what so ever... ACOGs too. All crisp and clear with no problems... either with contacts or glasses. The FireDot is crisp and clear, just sitting low/right in the corner of the reticle and not dead center.

I'll have someone else look through the scopes to see... thanks for the responses.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 VX-R Firedots.  Not exactly in the middle, but close enough.  I have glasses/astigmatism, so it might just be me.  Not worried about it as the  misalignment is just a tiny, tiny bit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Firedot on my VX-6.  No issues unless I don't have glasses on or contac's in.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
No problem here with VX-R Patrol.  Take a picture.  If it is centered in your photo, it is your vision, perhaps astigmatism.  Maybe time to get your vision Rx checked.  I have mild astigmstism and have no problem with corrective lenses.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#8]
/

This is how mine look!.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys... took a pic and it looks centered, had my son look through the scope and he said it's centered... looks like the issue is me...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't get dots or anything like them to look good without wearing my RX contacts or glasses.

Get your eyes checked.

A close friend of mine that I shoot with every week was in denial for a long time about this. (Not saying that you are) we are both in our late 40s and he finally got his prescription and it opened up a whole new world for him. He's liking his red dots again, and can see the reticles and all his other optics much more clear now.

That being said the only optics I can see clear without my prescription glasses or contacts in has to have some kind of diopter adjustment, otherwise the reticle would just be a blur to me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can't get dots or anything like them to look good without wearing my RX contacts or glasses.

Get your eyes checked.

A close friend of mine that I shoot with every week was in denial for a long time about this. (Not saying that you are) we are both in our late 40s and he finally got his prescription and it opened up a whole new world for him. He's liking his red dots again, and can see the reticles and all his other optics much more clear now.

That being said the only optics I can see clear without my prescription glasses or contacts in has to have some kind of diopter adjustment, otherwise the reticle would just be a blur to me.
View Quote

Oh no denial here, I hear ya... I'm 54 and recently got my exam... I can see like a hawk (20/15) with contacts and/or glasses but blind as a bat w/o them (20/400 or worse). I've had eye doctors comment how lucky I am my eyes correct the way they do. Like posted earlier, I have zero issues with any other optics including ACOG's, Aimpoints, and EoTechs but I noticed the dot was off center, not bad, just noticeable if you pay close attention... I've had the scopes for several years but really don't shoot them that much... was recently looking at one and noticed it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh no denial here, I hear ya... I'm 54 and recently got my exam... I can see like a hawk (20/15) with contacts and/or glasses but blind as a bat w/o them (20/400 or worse). I've had eye doctors comment how lucky I am my eyes correct the way they do. Like posted earlier, I have zero issues with any other optics including ACOG's, Aimpoints, and EoTechs but I noticed the dot was off center, not bad, just noticeable if you pay close attention... I've had the scopes for several years but really don't shoot them that much... was recently looking at one and noticed it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your eyes checked.

Man, if you're seeing everything else good with your prescriptions in then I almost want to say that maybe there is something wrong with that optic? But of course I read that your son is seeing it okay and centered. Very strange indeed.

Maybe see if you can find one in a shop and look through that and see if you get the same effect?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Man, if you're seeing everything else good with your prescriptions in then I almost want to say that maybe there is something wrong with that optic? But of course I read that your son is seeing it okay and centered. Very strange indeed.

Maybe see if you can find one in a shop and look through that and see if you get the same effect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your eyes checked.

I'm going to take the rifles, both of them, to training and let the other guys look through them... my son wears contacts but said the dot looked dead center... but he's 20 and lazy...lol.

Here is the pic... looks dead center in the pic so I'm sure it's me...

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm going to take the rifles, both of them, to training and let the other guys look through them... my son wears contacts but said the dot looked dead center... but he's 20 and lazy...lol.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/poEdbpK8j" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/924/EdbpK8.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your eyes checked.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/poEdbpK8j" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/924/EdbpK8.jpg</a>

Yeah tough call there.

Don't feel to bad about your 20 year old. I have a 23 yo electrical engineering  nephew whom I had to teach how to shovel snow! Yes you read it correctly!  Teach how to shovel snow!
Liberal up bringing I guess. Lol!

Good luck with the tmr.  Keep us posted.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top