Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2016 2:30:09 PM EDT
Just got my new Aimpoint PRO sights in from Optics Planet. Everything looks GREAT except that Aimpoint has changed the strap that previously retained the covers for the elevation turret, the windage turret, and the battery compartment.

The adjustment turret covers are now individually anchored to the turret itself. The battery compartment cap is now UNANCHORED.  The PRO now has the same cap retention system as the ACO.

So the one cap that is necessary for the sight to operate is left untethered?

I would have purchased this sight without this anyway, but I don't see the rationale for the change, other than maybe saving a couple pennies,

And before someone asks I am absolutely certain this is a PRO and not an ACO. The box says PRO, the sight itself says PRO.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one and yes I noticed the same thing.  I was scared that someone swapped out a fake or an ACO for the Pro at the store but I contacted Aimpoint and its a legit Pro.  It didnt come witht the battery sticker either.  I am going to call back and ask for the correct tethers because I dont like how the battery isnt tethered.

Even the description of the contents has changed and doesnt say they are included.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Even the picture on the Aimpoint website shows the 3-armed strap:

http://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-pro/

I have sent a message to Aimpoint via their website, I'll post any response I receive.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I figured that they concluded that, since you only have to change batteries every few years, a retention strap was basically unneeded.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I figured that they concluded that, since you only have to change batteries every few years, a retention strap was basically unneeded.
View Quote

Then why put it on the CompM3? They have a battery life of FIVE years.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:06:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't be surprised to see them change the M3s soon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a PRO on my Block 1 clone.  I bought all the original style caps and tether from SWFA to give the appearance of a COMP M2.  I don't think it affects performance one bit but I like the old system .
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a PRO from a year ago and it has the new system. My old PRO from probably about a year to year and a half earlier had the old system. While I like the old system better, it's hardly an issue. T2s don't have it either and people still love those.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I see it as an upgrade.  The PRO now has the same tethers as the Comp M4.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I see it as an upgrade.  The PRO now has the same tethers as the Comp M4.
View Quote

Close!

The battery compartment cap on the M4 is tethered, unlike the battery compartment cap on the PRO
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top