Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2015 11:32:51 PM EDT
I am thinking of running an Eotech and a 1-6 with QD mounts on the same AR. Can I expect to maintain a zero when I swap out optics?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure you can expect to retain zero even if you never remove the eotech.  With the 1-6x, it shouldn't be an issue if you use a quality mount.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure you can expect to retain zero even if you never remove the eotech.  With the 1-6x, it shouldn't be an issue if you use a quality mount.
View Quote

Touche.
But yes, you can run 2 optics if you get 2 high quality QD mounts.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I run a QD red dot in AMD mount and  QD scope in Larue mount, both swapped regularly on tbe same rifle.  Return to zero is excellent on both, well under one MOA.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:50:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a ta31 and T1 on larue mounts that I swap out on the same rifle, they def hold zero
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I run a QD red dot in AMD mount and  QD scope in Larue mount, both swapped regularly on tbe same rifle. Return to zero is excellent on both, well under one MOA.
View Quote

I wouldn't mind having several others testify to this.  I have a fear of qd's not returning to a very close zero when re-attached.  I would go for it if I knew they can and will.  I just don't dig the setup of mounting irons at 45 degrees.  Reason I ask is I actually love using iron sights and I'm sure you all do as well.  It is a very important practice and it's a kick in the ass, too.
And thanks for taking the time to post back and the info.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wouldn't mind having several others testify to this.  I have a fear of qd's not returning to a very close zero when re-attached.  I would go for it if I knew they can and will.  I just don't dig the setup of mounting irons at 45 degrees.  Reason I ask is I actually love using iron sights and I'm sure you all do as well.  It is a very important practice and it's a kick in the ass, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I run a QD red dot in AMD mount and  QD scope in Larue mount, both swapped regularly on tbe same rifle. Return to zero is excellent on both, well under one MOA.

Top quality QD mounts from the "big 3" Larue, ADM, and Bobro, can do it.  You must return each optic to the same rail slot each time, and push the optic forward against the slot front edge each  time before locking the levers.  This eliminates rail slot variations and puts your mount's cross pin hard against the rail in the direction of recoil movement.  Do this each time with any of those three mounts and you are golden.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top