Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2015 9:35:35 PM EDT
So I have a TA31RCO with red chevron recticle that I use in 3-Gun competition with some targets at 100 yards. The targets may be bowling pins, steel circles, and steel square targets.

When sighting in I can make a 1" group right at the tip of the chevron at 100 yards.

But during the match with the timer running and my heart pounding I seem to always put the tip of the chevron at the top of the target, instead of centering it on it, then often fire to high.

Should I work on my technique or lower my group to hit in the center of the chevron?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot the TR24 triangle and haven't run into that yet. I think it's quite natural to want to center your target using the tip of the triangle since it's the most precise.
If you have issues with it still, maybe a single illuminated dot is right for you like the Vortex Razor 1-6x.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
slow down
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#3]
my TA31F's reticle is less cluttered, but as above, just slowdown.. I shot a TA01 for several years, and shooting the BAC gets some getting used do....additionally, get a good point blank head shot zero, probably close to the top of the 300m vertical

edit.. when you shoot a larger match using time plus scoring, like an Area level match, even one 5 second penalty for a failure to neutralize miss can really haunt you, and naturally effect your overall placement
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
slow down
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top