Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2015 7:42:28 PM EDT
So straight to the point I need an opinion. This is centered around trading for an eotech. Right now I have a Burris AR-332, i like a lot about it but have a few gripes. The reticle is a little busy for me but not un-usable by any means. I love the way it looks, feels, and is reasonable quality at a reasonable price. I don't get much from the 3x though. for my eyes it's pie. Not enough magnification for 100+ yards and not super at close quarters either. Im left eye dominant, right handed. For two eye open use I shut the front cap and turn the illumination on, only way my brain will let it happen. Sometimes I feel I'd be better off with irons. Which I also love.

So Eotech. Ive shot behind them before but never owned one. I've done my research and have heard about the shortfalls. But just can't shake it. I'm a serial tinkerer and feel I need one. Is Eotech old news? Keep the burris and be happy? Get Irons and stop being a homo? If I do aquire an Eotech it will be by trading my burris and a CMC flat trigger locally. No way I'm paying retail for one. I'm allergic to retail. Opinions please.

Aimpoints, mepro, and all other sights that are just dots are off the list due to astigmatism, your recommendations will be ignored. This is really a Eotech/ Burris/ Irons question. Ive considered a tac scope but don't think it's quite right for this build 14.5 barrel. No optic over $600 is an option either. Very married, very mortgaged, and very .... broke-ish
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it need magnification? And I see you go both eyes open why not just get a pa red dot to go with your irons. I have 2 of them and have been great. I have no experience with eotech So can't comment.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So straight to the point I need an opinion. This is centered around trading for an eotech. Right now I have a Burris AR-332, i like a lot about it but have a few gripes. The reticle is a little busy for me but not un-usable by any means. I love the way it looks, feels, and is reasonable quality at a reasonable price. I don't get much from the 3x though. for my eyes it's pie. Not enough magnification for 100+ yards and not super at close quarters either. Im left eye dominant, right handed. For two eye open use I shut the front cap and turn the illumination on, only way my brain will let it happen. Sometimes I feel I'd be better off with irons. Which I also love.

So Eotech. Ive shot behind them before but never owned one. I've done my research and have heard about the shortfalls. But just can't shake it. I'm a serial tinkerer and feel I need one. Is Eotech old news? Keep the burris and be happy? Get Irons and stop being a homo? If I do aquire an Eotech it will be by trading my burris and a CMC flat trigger locally. No way I'm paying retail for one. I'm allergic to retail. Opinions please.

Aimpoints, mepro, and all other sights that are just dots are off the list due to astigmatism, your recommendations will be ignored. This is really a Eotech/ Burris/ Irons question. Ive considered a tac scope but don't think it's quite right for this build 14.5 barrel. No optic over $600 is an option either. Very married, very mortgaged, and very .... broke-ish
View Quote

eotechs are awesome, they are a great optic. The only reason I would go 1-6 is if i wanted to shoot past 300 yards.
.Inb4 the "eotechs suck, use aimpoint"
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats why aimpoint, mepro, and all other JUST A DOT options are off the table. My eyes need a shape or pattern to focus on or it blooms, badly. The 1-6 is an option because if 3x isn't enough mag for me, the why would a 4x be? I need more without a full on scope, I still want close quarters capability. And again, 1000 dollar optics are not an option for me, not today anyway. And I already own the Burris just incase people don't read the original post again.  If I do go eotech it will be non magnified.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Burris Mtac 1-4 is a great option for those with eyesight problems.  You can focus so its clear.  The reticle is a lot like an eotech.
At 1x, it works much like a eotech with both eyes open, it has a very big box and is suitable for cqc.
4x is a respectable magnification.  Has some holdovers out to 600.  Its lighter than most in its class.
I found one new for 300, and I might even like it better than my Exps with 3x magnifier.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
just read the edit.  So Id go eotech if you think the trade is worth it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm kinda steering away from the mtac for the ,been there done that, with the reticle. I was eyeballing the primary arms 1-6 but it's very long. I prefer compact items for a 14.5
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
If you go with the EOTech make sure to pick up plenty of spare batteries.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you go with the EOTech make sure to pick up plenty of spare batteries.
View Quote

Very true for older EOtech's but the EXPS-03 I picked up in Jan. is still going strong on the original battery and I shoot at least once a week.  

No I don't leave it on like I did with the M4s Aimpoint that I had awhile back.  Sold it when I all I could see is a red comma.  I shoot with prescription glasses now.

But damn....the EXPS 1 moa dot is so precise.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top