Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2015 6:26:55 PM EDT
Just got this old aimpoint for almost nothing. Anyone know the model or any info?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks a lot like my ML2.

Does it not have any markings on it? If not, might be a Chinee knock off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It's in an aimpoint style QRP mount, but the knobs should be aligned on the horizontal and vertical axis, it could be the picture, but yours looks like it's 45 degrees instead of 90 degrees.

It could be an ML2, but I would look more closely and see if you can see any markings or serial numbers.  Can you post a pic of the dot?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's in an aimpoint style QRP mount, but the knobs should be aligned on the horizontal and vertical axis, it could be the picture, but yours looks like it's 45 degrees instead of 90 degrees.

It could be an ML2, but I would look more closely and see if you can see any markings or serial numbers.  Can you post a pic of the dot?
View Quote
My guess is who ever sold it bought a pro and mounted it in his mount and put the old optic in the pro mount and sold it, probably didn't bother with trying to line it in the mount.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I took a better look at it. Has aimpoint comp m on top of the battery compartment.   I'll try and get a pic of the dot. Yeah I noticed that too about being turned in the mount. I'll move it and mount her up see if it holds zero.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]
real:

the fakes tend to be a clone of this generation:

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#6]
nvm, RIF
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay, if it says CompM, then you have one of the ones they made before the ML2.  I have a Comp M on an older rifle too.  Still good quality Aimpoint, but I think the dot is 4MOA and there is no night vision setting.  It actually has an OFF setting, IIRC.

Other than that, shoot with it and enjoy it.  Can you take a pic of the markings?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I say fake.

The really blue tine through the lens is a dead giveaway for fake Aimpoint/EoTechs and other high end RDS.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's is pic of markings. I don't think it's fake I think it's old.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Okay, if it says CompM, then you have one of the ones they made before the ML2.  I have a Comp M on an older rifle too.  Still good quality Aimpoint, but I think the dot is 4MOA and there is no night vision setting.  It actually has an OFF setting, IIRC.

Other than that, shoot with it and enjoy it.  Can you take a pic of the markings?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]
disregard
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Real Deal, original Aimpoint Comp M, M68 CCO.  

Tie down that battery cover.  If you lose it, you will not ever, ever find another one.  There absolutely no more stateside.  period.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]
The Comp M is a good, solid optic.  Short on battery life, but GTG
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The Comp M is a good, solid optic.  Short on battery life, but GTG
View Quote
its also barely daylight visible.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top