Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2015 10:55:05 AM EDT
anyone have some real world experience with the aimpoint PRO being durable/rugged and holding zero?

I know it has the aimpoint name but theres has to be a huge reason its half the price of a crazy durable micro or comp M4

Please let me know if you have a story or something on how rugged it is?
I feel like i shouldve saved for a micro just for a peace of mind
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
anyone have some real world experience with the aimpoint PRO being durable/rugged and holding zero?

I know it has the aimpoint name but theres has to be a huge reason its half the price of a crazy durable micro or comp M4

View Quote

It's cheaper because it doesn't have some of the features that other Aimpoints have. The Aimpoint quality is still there, but like every thing man-made, sometimes things break. If anything ever does happen to your Pro, Aimpoint will make it right.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Works fine for me. The mount only has one lug so it can shift a little. (Noticed paint on the upper had a bit of wear when i took it off, 1600 rounds in.) You will not be actuate enough to notice but if it's a huge issue just get a 2 lug larue. You can get a PRO mega cheap, i got mine 11% off on opticsplanet last year, I ended up paying about 330 for a new one after the discount and selling off the scope covers. Edit: If you can get it like I did go for the pro, I ended up getting a t1 for a light weight build, it's very nice, no range report yet though. If you want the T1 go for it just realize you could have an aimpoint and a 1000 rounds of ammo if you go for the PRO. Re edit: If anything the pro protects the glass better due to the extended tube.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't there some difference between the PRO's circuitry and that of the CompM3/ML3?  I can't seem to find it but I think that somewhere I saw that they went to the M2 circuitry with the 2moa dot rather than the 4MOA.  The reversion to the "old" circuitry was obviously did not make much of a difference considering the PRO killed the CompM3.  Any confirmatons/denials here?

ETA... dont think it is the Comp M2 circuitry bc that it "CET" and the pro is "ACET"

What causes the difference in battery life?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have had my pro for 2 years now. I use it on patrol and it sits above my head in my cruiser overhead rack. Sometimes when I push the release button, it will release quickly and my rifle falls onto my center console... The aimpoint always hits first lol.. it's held zero since the day it was mounted and I leave it on setting 6 or 7 and I'm on my 2nd battery. When slung in front the pro rubs my belt buckle (Santa clause style on my uniform) and it does have some wear on that spot..

The pro is gtg.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top