Posted: 1/20/2015 9:03:01 PM EDT
I picked up a bushnell ar optic for .223 with the bdc

Its now mounted on a rem 700 308 .

What ammo can i use in 308 to give me close to the same flight as .55
Gr .223 ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Just  shoot it at  various ranges and see where the reticle matches up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just  shoot it at  various ranges and see where the reticle matches up.
View Quote
That is your only hope...the ballistics are so wildly different that there is no ammo that will make it match up.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Just try it out and make sure you zero at the correct range. I think those scopes are supposed to be 100 yards.

In my experience .223 and .308 out of the same length barrels have a very similar trajectory. Even if the optic was made for a 16 inch barrel and you have a 20 inch on your .308 you will still be close, especially at 300 yards and under and probably out to 400.

Only one way to find out for sure. Just make sure you can spot your shots and it will be easy to figure.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top