Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:00:00 PM EDT
I will be primarily shooting this at a range i.e I don't need to hit something 300 yards out. :)  I really don't know what I should spend.  What say you?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I will be primarily shooting this at a range i.e I don't need to hit something 300 yards out. :)  I really don't know what I should spend.  What say you?
View Quote

Might try the optics forum for this.

Are you looking for red dot to shoot out to 300 or scope?

What is your budget?

Vortex makes good optics if you want something good that does not break the bank.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
A good balance between magnification and weight, cost, and complexity might fall to something like Nikon's M223 1~4 power tactical optic, giving you sufficient mag for distances past 200, with a ballistic drop calculation reticle. There are numerous offerings in that product strata, with Vortex' PST14 or Crossfire, Primary Arms, and others. You're looking at somewhere around $500 for the optic, another $150~$200 for mount. For a short range gun, that should be sufficient.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I asked a while back what scope would be good to start working on 100+ yard accuracy shooting, and had the Nikon Prostaff 4-9 scope recommended.  Before I found one in stock, I got a P223 3-9x40 BDC.  I went through a couple of different mounts before I settled on one, since it's on an M16A4 clone.  The scope cost me about $180, and the mount, an AD Recon QD, cost about $150 (I got a great deal).

The P223 is a great scope, IMO, with good eye relief, a bright image, and an easy to use reticle that makes it easier (for me, anyway) to gauge distance and alignment.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is your budget?

Vortex makes good optics if you want something good that does not break the bank.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your budget?

Yeah, I am looking for a red dot.  What is the price range for a decent one?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top