Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:21:52 PM EDT
I'm doing my first build and accumulated quite a few parts....enough for two builds actually. One I'll make into a pseudo M4. So in this process, I bought a UTG tri rail barrel mount, #002, but am now confused as to how it fits. My initial thought was that it'll naturally fit in the groove that is in the barrel right in front of the floating forearm. But the groove front indent is at a right angle (perpendicular to the barrel) and tapers in the back - like many barrels I've seen out there.....Does this groove have a name? A specific purpose? A special 'accessory' for which it's made? My UTG won't fit in it....... Thanks for the knowledge,
http://www.outbreakordnance.com/images/products/originals/504_725_20140424_112013.jpg
Heres a pic of what I mean.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's my understanding that the notch is for mounting an M203 grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Makes the barrel a suitable diameter at that point to mount the M203 grenade launcher, the design of which is unchanged since the original M16/M16A1.  

The real question, is why bother with the rest of the heavy profile part.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top