Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2015 10:15:50 AM EDT
Just mounted a new scope and borrowed a buddies bore sighting tools.  When I set up the gage it ended up being 1-1.5 inches below the sight plane of the optic. What brand works best to bore site an optic on an AR?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]
it's really not needed at all.  Mount optic shoot at 25 yards to see where it's at and adjust accordingly.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I stick a cheap arbor mounted laser in the bore and make my initial adjustment with that in low light at 25 yards.  That puts me on paper.

I have a nice collimator with grids that I use on bolt guns, but AR sights are too high to use it with.  There are height extension adapters for it, but the cheap laser works fine.  Less than $35 from Bushnell.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
i have always mounted the optic and got it leveled to where i want it. and then separated the upper from the lower and removed the bolt and charge handle. and then place the upper on one of my bags and looked down the bore at a distant object like a street light and line the scope up to the same spot on the street light. it has always worked for me
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i have always mounted the optic and got it leveled to where i want it. and then separated the upper from the lower and removed the bolt and charge handle. and then place the upper on one of my bags and looked down the bore at a distant object like a street light and line the scope up to the same spot on the street light. it has always worked for me
View Quote
Same here..I've used stop signs down the street.

This method will get you close enough

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top