Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 2:08:16 PM EDT
Looking to mount a Leupold scope maybe a VXR 4-12 x 50 with a delta point offset to the right on my M&P 10. I'd like to keep my irons folded (Troy folding battle sights) down so I'm thinking I need some kind of Larue QD mount for 30mm rings in the unlikely event the scope and MRD take a deuce all over me..not sure if the scope would clear with the Troys down or if this  even possible, and if so what do I need and where would u guys go to buy it. I've tried looking but there's just a ton of info to sort through for someone as new to this as myself.. Thanks for the info guys figuring it'd be a mid range rifle with some cqb ability and a quick way to get back to my irons if the world falls on my head lol. Lmk
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would forget the irons and instead mount a 45 degree micro red-dot, zero at 50.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Im sure your scope in a Larue or ADM will clear the irons just fine.  My Larue LT-104 clears magpuls just fine.  Go to Larue website to order.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd love the delta point mounted at a 45 deg along with the scope (part of my plan), but is it possible to to have the MRD mounted on the scope using a quick detach mount that I can take off all in one shot and flip up the irons in the event I had to. Thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im sure your scope in a Larue or ADM will clear the irons just fine.  My Larue LT-104 clears magpuls just fine.  Go to Larue website to order.
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
M&P10 with Troy folders -check
Leupold VXR 4-12x40 -check (sorry for the typo it's not a 50)

Order Larue LT-104 so it clears the Troys folded down and it comes of quickly if needed
Order Delta Point

Now what particular mount should I get for the Delta so it cants off of the scope or mount itself, or does it have to mount to the rail?

Almost there you guys have been great so far
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
have you ever used a sight or irons at 45degrees?  If not you may want to try it before purchase.  I hate 45degree sights.  Just more BS on the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope no experience with either type mounted at 45. Figured mount the irons in a standard set up folded down under the Leupold and if i didnt like the Delta Point canted i could always take it and put it on something else. Trying it would be ideal, but i dont know anyone with a similar set-up.

What do you dislike about the sights or MRD at a 45 just out of curiosity?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top