Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2015 11:41:18 PM EDT
I think I know better but I am in the line for something budget and small for my M92 pap sbr (ak47sbr).
Anybody know anything or used one ? I saw them on the Core15 rifles at academy sports but I know they use cheap optics to help sell the gun...
In it defense it was clear and seemed like it would be nice and useful but that was looking through it in a store.
Any info on it will be greatly appreciated.

I was looking at the t4i apparently that is the newest updated one on the market

http://www.krugeroptical.com/t415532.htm
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't find much here take this over to SWFA Optics Forum bound to get some good info there..
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks...
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Lord have mercy!   Read the horrendous reviews on Optics Planet, a vendor that sells them.   This is an $89 optic with bells and whistles, each of which diminishes the manufacturer's ability to provide quality optical glass and basic construction.  I'm not at all surprised to see the one star and two star horror stories.  I have no personal experience with the optic or the company, but those stories would drive me away immediately.

The few good reviews appear to be from people who just bought the optic before it fell apart externally or internally or refused to make turret adjustments, and are probably people with little comparative knowledge about how even basic bargain optics should work.

If are on a tight budget (and we all understand budgetary constraints), go with reputable companies that stand by their products, like Primary Arms or Lucid for Asian manufactured optics.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I wasn't looking at the 89.00 dollar one. The 89.00 is the discontinued first gen. I noticed that when it didn't look like the one on kruger website.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Do really think it will be much better?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I would throw my money in the street before I would buy that.  Someone decent might find it.

TTC
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I can't use red dots and a normal 1-4x won't fit... not sure what to do.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone got an idea on something better or similar?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It is only an idea, I have no experience with this optic.  Great support:  Primary Arms Optic

There is also a 4x, these are fixed power and should be fairly decent.

Opinions Thread

TTC
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Getting ready to order something. Anybody care to weigh in on the situation?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Good Lord no.

Go with the fixed 4x Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.amazon.com/Kruger-Optical-1-5-5x32-TD-T4i-Riflescope/dp/B009QWJGZI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420997234&sr=8-1&keywords=kruger+tacdriver

I happen to like the short-range IL reticule optic concept for a battle rifle scope; this Kruger is an example of that concept. The glass is good quality (no distortion around the edges, gathers light well and objects are clear); the IL reticule functions properly (red and green reticule with several brightness settings for each); and you can lower the settings so the tube is not "washed out" in low light (scope is useable in low-light). Mount is solid, controls are well-designed and clicks are distinct. Mounted on a BM AR ORC 5.56 platform. The 1.5x does cause a little distortion vs a straight red dot (1x), but it's still workable with both eyes open. I'm well aware there are optics snobs out there by the bucketful - but I no longer make my living with a battle rifle, and the taxpayers are no longer subsidizing my optics choices. This Kruger is definitely "good enough" if you've got the will...compares favorably with the Primary Arms 1-4x24, another excellent example of this optics concept in the reasonably-priced battle rifle optics category.

UPDATE 11/13: At this point I'm gonna' have to say the mount is under-designed. I have tried every trick I know to get the scope to stay put, but it's a lot of stress on the single, rather small-ish mounting point - at least on my 5.56 carbine it is. I'll be contacting Kruger and will report back.

UPDATE to the UPDATE: Contacted Kruger about the mount working loose (and yes, of course I was using loctite...) and they shipped me a new one immediately! Can't say fairer than that. New one stays put better, mount contact area is a little larger than the previous one. So far so good, and excellent customer service!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess nobody has anymore question or comments... Still unsure on what to do a 1-4 is just to large and me a red dots have never gotten along.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:51:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://swfa.com/Weaver-1-3x20-Classic-V-Rifle-Scope-P2864.aspx
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I guess nobody has anymore question or comments... Still unsure on what to do a 1-4 is just to large and me a red dots have never gotten along.
View Quote

Too large how? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Can you show us a picture of what we are working with?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Why cant you use a red dot? Is it a vision issue? If so, have you tried a prismatic sight, like the Leupold 1x14, Vortex Spitfire, or Burris AR-332?

No way in hell I would buy anything resembling that thing you linked.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes all red dots look like a Starburst to me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Have you tried posting in the Optics subforum in the AK forum part of this site?

Here.

I'm not familiar with the fine points of AK mounts, eye relief issues and why length is an issue for you beyond the SBR front sight.  There are probably knowledgeable people at that link who can help you within your budget without recommending junk.  Cheap "mount included" optics are notorious for using soft "pot metal" for bases and screws that stretch and strip.

If compact length is an issue, take a look at the Nikon P-223 series of low power and the fixed 3 power that is only 8" long.  They are inexpensive but not junk.

Also, there are inexpensive red dots by Lucid that offer a screw in eyepiece end 2x magnifier.  Slight magnification usually fixes astigmatism.

The best solution may be the Leupold Prismatic.  It is about $500, but not only does it eliminate the astigmstism problem, but it has an etched reticle that works even with a dead battery and is extremely short.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top