Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:36:39 PM EDT
Cosidering the Burris 4.5-14x42 or the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 for bench shooting and predator hunting.Any experience with these?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a Burris Fullfield II 2-7 and it was a great scope with good low light performance.

Thinking of buying the version your talking about for bench shooting myself.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Had the Nikon, sold it and just reordered one from Natchez Shooters. Be careful of the new Buckmasters from cabellas. Bought the 4x12 BDC and it was not near the scope as the older 4.5x14, no focus adjustment, new style turrets and poor reticle. Returning it and reordered the older 4.5x14, but I think these are no longer made so you need to find one quickly. Natchez had them in both nikoplex and BDC for $199, which is not a bad deal and they are much better than the "new" Buckmasters IMO.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Tried to order the Nikon today from Natchez and found that they do not ship to Georgia...Sucks!!Think I will go with the Burris Fullfiled 2..$100 rebate also..
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I own both Nikon Buckmaster and Burris FullfieldII models, but in 3-9x40's. The Buckmaster is older than the Fullfield by 10yrs.

They're both tough made scopes, very good glass, precise adjustments, but the edge goes to the Burris Fullfield for slightly better low light conditions. This may be only due to lens coatings that can filter the light waves differently.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got the Buckmaster BDC 3-9x on my light 25-06 and find it repeatable and bright enough for the mountain hunts I've done so far.  Looking forward to winter yotes
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top