Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2014 12:42:31 PM EDT
Anybody know of a decent magnifier that will work with a military issue M68?  Heading downrange and want to add one to my issued rifle.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard absolute co-witness Comp M4, right?

There are the Aimpoint and Eotech offerings,(Very pricey) as well as Larue's flip mount if you want the best possible. You'll need to mount the red dot as far forward on the upper receiver as you can.

If you're on a budget, Primary Arms has a solid reputation for making decent kit with their long eye relief 3X. There are some good mounts that can be had for less if you're willing to search. I think Samson Manufacturing has a magnifier and a decent mount, too, but I haven't looked into any reviews.

Depending on if you want a basic QD mount or something that can be shifted aside without removing it from your rifle, the mount will cost you $30-150. Gauge the clearance between the magnifier and your BUIS before you buy if it's got a cover of some kind.

And before you ship out, practice with the magnifier at different ranges. Practice shifting/removing it, too.

Also, just something to note if you get a flip-to-side mount, leave the magnifier in place behind your Aimpoint, 'cuz if it's hanging off the side, there's a good chance it'll get smashed on a door, a wall, the corner of a table, or something else.

Go ahead, ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll do some pricing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#3]
After having my Aimpoint Comp M4 for nearly 3 months, I finally went out and zero'd it in at 50yards over the weekend.

As a trial I put a cheap Hensolt 2.6x magnifier behind to see if I would like the magnification. I'm undecided at this point,

due to the short eye relief and lack of diopter adjustment. I just wish there was someone close that has a set-up I could test before buying something different.

I quickly learned that when I was zeroing the M4, that I had to tap on the towers after adjusting to set them.

Once I figured that out I was putting 5 rounds in a dime. I'm impressed.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top