Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Neat--but looks huge!
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
New from US Optics …

"The SR-4C features a true 1X power, low setting and a daylight visible red or green dot sight packaged in a lightweight aircraft aluminum housing and is MIL-A-8625 Type III hard anodized 30mm body. The red dot can be set at any of 12 pre-programmed intensity settings. The lower four settings are night vision compatible.

The SR-4C by U.S. Optics features the best of a holographic sight and a 1×4 variable magnified optic into a compact, rugged package that is 9.25” in length and weighs just under 20 ounces. Low-profile windage and elevation knobs minimize the profile of the SR-4C. 2/10 MIL knob adjustments make zeroing the Mil Scale reticle quick and effortless. With a true 1X power setting, the 4-MOA red dot sight is perfect for quick and decisive target acquisition in CQB situations. Dial the power ring to 4X to confidently engage targets at short ranges up to 500 yards. Over 8,000 hours of runtime is squeezed out of a 3 Volt CR2032 lithium coin battery.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New from US Optics …

"The SR-4C features a true 1X power, low setting and a daylight visible red or green dot sight packaged in a lightweight aircraft aluminum housing and is MIL-A-8625 Type III hard anodized 30mm body. The red dot can be set at any of 12 pre-programmed intensity settings. The lower four settings are night vision compatible.

The SR-4C by U.S. Optics features the best of a holographic sight and a 1×4 variable magnified optic into a compact, rugged package that is 9.25” in length and weighs just under 20 ounces. Low-profile windage and elevation knobs minimize the profile of the SR-4C. 2/10 MIL knob adjustments make zeroing the Mil Scale reticle quick and effortless. With a true 1X power setting, the 4-MOA red dot sight is perfect for quick and decisive target acquisition in CQB situations. Dial the power ring to 4X to confidently engage targets at short ranges up to 500 yards. Over 8,000 hours of runtime is squeezed out of a 3 Volt CR2032 lithium coin battery.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii183/Singlestack_Wonder/USO1X4_zps8075bc11.png

View Quote

Badassery!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Any word on Burris?  They are showing some new XTR 2  1-5x24 & 1.5x8x28  scopes but I can't find any info on them anywhere else yet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
New from US Optics …

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii183/Singlestack_Wonder/USO1X4_zps8075bc11.png

View Quote

Now thats impressive. Aimpoint run time in a 1-4!
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any word on Burris?  They are showing some new XTR 2  1-5x24 & 1.5x8x28  scopes but I can't find any info on them anywhere else yet.
View Quote

It's on their website.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's on their website.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on their website.

Yes, just trying to see if anyone has handled one yet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on their website.

I got to play with the 5-25, what did you want to know about it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on their website.

I am mainly interested in the 1-4, it doesn't look like they are gonna offer it with capped turrets anymore. How positive are the turrets on the XTR 2 ? Also is the illumination brighter than the previous versions? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#10]
That US Optics scope looks very interesting. Any clue on the price?
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am mainly interested in the 1-4, it doesn't look like they are gonna offer it with capped turrets anymore. How positive are the turrets on the XTR 2 ? Also is the illumination brighter than the previous versions? Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on their website.

The turrets feel pretty good, similar to a bushnell elite tactical if you have ever felt one of those. I am not sure about the illumination though sorry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over 8,000 hours of runtime is squeezed out of a 3 Volt CR2032 lithium coin battery.

Aimpoints get from 30,000 to 80,000 hours of battery life, depending on the model. 8k is pretty impressive from a scope, though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Aimpoints get from 30,000 to 80,000 hours of battery life, depending on the model. 8k is pretty impressive from a scope, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over 8,000 hours of runtime is squeezed out of a 3 Volt CR2032 lithium coin battery.

Thanks for the correction. I shall retort with better than eotech battery life!
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Neat--but looks huge!
View Quote

Doesn't look any bigger than a Mk6
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#15]
But 20 ounces for a 1-4 is pretty heavy.  Very nicely constructed.   True 1x would be very difficult to do.  Maybe they've done it. I like the low profile turrets.  4 MOA dot seems a bit large when you crank up to 4x and try to aim precisely at longer ranges.

And as to battery life, that is a nice long run. Very good.

I wonder how long the battery life is on the Leupold VX-R and Mark AR FireDot scopes?   They have motion activation and shutdown, For a rifle that is mostly stationary and picked up occasionally as for HD purposes, that could mean years.  I have a VX-R Patrol 3-9x40mm FireDot TMR and that motion detection feature.  I'll be seeing how long it lasts.   Maybe motion detection activation might be a very good way to really extend battery life and still have an optic that has a dot ready to go when you pick it up without having to do anything else.  They are doing the same thing on their little DeltaPoint reflex.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neat--but looks huge!

I was talking about the meopta 1-6. It looks long.

Actual specs. Shows it at 11.7 in long.  1.5 longer than the mk 6.

Essentially a 1-6 that is the same size as a NF 2.5-10x32
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 2:52:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Vortex has a new 3X prism "Spitfire" compact scope. Looks like it uses the old Primary Arms body
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Vortex has a new 3X prism "Spitfire" compact scope. Looks like it uses the old Primary Arms body
View Quote

I'm a little meh on these unless Vortex optics have some killer feature they haven't revealed. Primary Arms and Burris both have well-tested and well-regarded prism scopes at a lower price point. I guess you can mount the Vortex 1x lower than Burris AR-1X, so maybe it'll be appealing to the Sig and AK crowd?

If anything, the folks at Vortex should have set their sights a bit higher (forgive the pun) and gone for a hardened and armored 3x or 4x ACOG competitor at $500 street. Less competition there, and if you can convincingly demonstrate that they'll stand up to combat and/or duty level abuse, people would pay the price.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:35:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm a little meh on these unless Vortex optics have some killer feature they haven't revealed. Primary Arms and Burris both have well-tested and well-regarded prism scopes at a lower price point. I guess you can mount the Vortex 1x lower than Burris AR-1X, so maybe it'll be appealing to the Sig and AK crowd?

If anything, the folks at Vortex should have set their sights a bit higher (forgive the pun) and gone for a hardened and armored 3x or 4x ACOG competitor at $500 street. Less competition there, and if you can convincingly demonstrate that they'll stand up to combat and/or duty level abuse, people would pay the price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I agree. It's using a recycled body but still isn't compatible with ACOG mounts. PA has moved on to a newer sleeker design and the Vortex just looks generic in comparison since optics that look similar for $100 are flooding ebay.

I also agree on there being a severe lack of middle ground for prisms too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...I was hoping for more of a Browe Combat Optics or ACOG LED at 3.5X building off the Razor's reputation....
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#21]
NightForce still refuses to upgrade to daytime bright illumination, they are missing the boat.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd like to know more about the new Minox ZA5 HD TAC line that was shown at SHOT.  Looks to be another interesting mid-price competitor.  Specifically would like to know how it compares to the SWFA 3-15.

http://www.minox.com/minox2006_01/index.php?id=9386&L=1
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Anyone know details on the reticle and adjustments? MOA? MIL?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Google.....

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/12/meopta-meostar-r2-riflescope/
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called and was told it would be about $2,000.
Charles
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I much prefer the reticle on this to that of the Burris.  JMO.    MSRP is $430 and I bet street price is closer to $375.  I'm more likely to buy the Vortex than the Burris 3x based on reticle glass and warranty.  JMHO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Charles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Charles

For a 1-4????? Schmidt and Bender they are not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Guess I should have tried that..
MOA, and meh reticles. I'll pass.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top