Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:58:54 PM EDT
Hi Everyone,

I am extremely new to AR's and hoping someone can help me out.  I have on order a new LE6920Socom and hoping to put an optic on it. I plan on using this as the firearm between my handgun and sniper rifle. I assume this would fit in the 10ft out to 100ft+ Range. I would like quick close up target acquisition but still maintain accuracy at a distance.

I am looking at the below and hoping someone could guide me in the right direction. As you can see I am still trying to decide between and magnified and non-magnified optic.

1) Aimpoint Pro
2) Aimpoint Micro T1
3) Vortex PST 1-4x24
4) Burris MTAC 1-4x24

Thanks T
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO if you go with a 1-4x your going to want the best for the truest 1x possible, and that means a Leaupold or Trijicon etc.. which cost more than what you listed. Then again if all your doing is shooting at the range then what you listed is fine.

I would go with the Aimpoint Micro cause imo it is the best size for a single dot reticle, and I cant afford a Leupold Mark 6 or GRSC 1-6x at this moment.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Aimpoint T-1 on a larue mount.
I've tried 1-4, acogs, eotech and I'm never taking the T-1 of my rifle. Never.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top