Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2013 11:07:13 AM EDT
Looking at a Bushnell 4.5-18 or 3-12 to replace my Burris full field 3-9 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with either scope
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 also interested
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have  Burris FFII 3-9 Scopes, and I have a Bushnell Banner Scope in 4-16.

Also have Bushnell Scopes in the AR Class with the 1-4(BDC) and a TRS32 Model. The AR Scope Glass is better than the Banner line.

Bushnell Glass, even on the cheaper Models has come a long ways as compared with a 80/90's Bushnell. I would Say that the Glass gets much better with the Trophy and up Models---which include the AR Models, but whether Bushnell uses the Trophy or Elite Polished/Coatings type Glass, I don't know.

You would need to move up to the discontinued Elite 3200 in the Bushnell lineup to get the quality of Glass that Burris has in the FullfieldII Lineup.

If you're looking for a Scope that would compare with the Burris FFII, I would look at a Redfield Revolution. These Scopes don't have A/O, but the Glass is superb and Scope is rugged. Parallaxed at 100yds.
Redfield has come out with a new lineup called Revelation that have A/O on the higher magnification models, at less cost than Revolution, but I hear they're made in China---but with better QC.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up the AR optics 3-12 for my latest build, no range time yet but here is what I can tell you so far. First, it is a great scope for the money but since I have seen it priced between about 150-250+ watch where you buy one. The glass is very nice for the money with good edge to edge clarity and a wide FOV. The eye relief is good and not overly critical like you would find on other budget scopes of this type. The target turrets are a bit spongy but the clicks feel positive and bench testing it did return to zero, but shooting it will tell for sure. The weight is hefty at 21.3oz. Overall I think it is a very well built budget scope and will probably buy another from the AR optics lineup in the future. I hope to be able to hit the range before Jan. but having done two builds at the same time has me about tapped out for funds.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top