Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2013 3:00:57 PM EDT
I want an a cog and to utilize the t1 i already own.  Does eye relief of the ta31 become a non issue since i will be employing a red dot along with it, but become the most advantageous with it having the most magnification and field of view.  Not to mention it isn't big heavy and ugly like the ta11...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want an a cog and to utilize the t1 i already own.  Does eye relief of the ta31 become a non issue since i will be employing a red dot along with it, but become the most advantageous with it having the most magnification and field of view.  Not to mention it isn't big heavy and ugly like the ta11...
View Quote
If your T1 will be off set then I see no problems with eye relief when going back and forth between the two optics as long as you shoot nose to charging handle.

ETA: 4x ACOG's have very short eye relief.

Also I prefer running a RMR on top of ACOG's vs off set Micro's.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
your question is a little confusing, could you elaborate on your plan? Simple answer, The eye relief of your agog will not change by mounting a T1.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both TA Series. The other poster is correct, about the eye relief of the TA31, and my NSN also. Have to shoot nose to charging handle, seems like. Because the eye relief is so short.
I actually like my TA11's better. Big and ugly? hardly. I like being able to move the optic farther away from my face. Especially on my .308
They also seem a lot faster to me.
I'm not sweating that 1/2 power loss.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a TA31 with an offset T-1 on a rifle. The eye relief of the ACOG and T-1 won't affect each other as they are independent from each other.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me put it this way

do things like the acog having short eye relief, being slower, being harder to shoot from awkward positions not matter as much in th decision making process of which agog to choose if you're running a red dot with it? Like is it dumb to sacrifice field of view and magnification for more eye relief and speed when you already have a speed optic with unlimited eye relief on there?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I suppose I have to ask why the need to run an acog and a one power optic off set . when and where will this be benificial except for 3 gun type matches .
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I want an optic setup that I can use effectively 0-400 whether it be for coyote and varmint hunting where coyotes could be far away and a rabbit pops out 20 ft away or 3 gun or civil unrest where I'll need to either hold down the fort or raid walmart...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]
well I hunt with an acog topped rifle all the time and never had a problem getting on a coyote or deer if that matters to you or helps any at all . hitting a running rabbit at 20 ft with any type of optic mounted weapon will be a tall order . not saying you cant just that it would be diffucult. for 3 gun It looks like they all use some kind of offset optic or sights . if your raiding wal-mart take all the toilet paper and feminine hygenie products you can. you will be king with your female subjects.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top