Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2013 6:53:35 PM EDT
There may already be a solution out there but I haven't found it.  Here is the dilemma, people buy the Aimpoint PRO to get good optic for a fair price but the QRP has a huge hideous knob on it.  While the mount is sturdy, well built and serves the purpose. The knob is quite cumbersome and honestly just doesn't look cool. So the solution is to buy a high speed QD lever mount that cost nearly half of what the sight cost while all the top manufacturers make fine products it kind of defeats the purpose of buying for a lack of better term, a budget optic.

Now I can already foresee the response that there is nothing wrong with knob and can't completely disagree.  While I don't carry the thing daily hunting terrorist in Afghanistan, I do occasionally break it while wearing a raid vest and other gear so there is the concern while slung knob would snag on other gear and the like.  

This all leads to the question why hasn't somebody made a replacement lever lock?  It seems simple enough,  remove the knob and replace with a QD lever. This would be a low cost alternative for  the working class enthusiast.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Say hello to heaven...

I'm going to do this some time....

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=133773
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah.. that's a hell of a bulk reduction.  I'd paint pen a witness mark to make sure I could see if the nut was to come loose.... or vibratite it on.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top