Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2013 8:23:33 PM EDT
I need some ideas for a 1-4x scope on a budget, something I can find for around $250
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Primary Arms........
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
burris tac 30, is probably your best bet in that price range... Do you need a mount for that amount as well?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Might want to check out the Leatherwood CMR.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 2:20:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1

The optics are good. Within you are price range.  Simple optics configuration(it only lights up the center dot for illumination).  It is the same scope design and body as the Millet DMR and the GSRC's scope.

You can look in the EE for deals in scope for your price range.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

The optics are good. Within you are price range.  Simple optics configuration(it only lights up the center dot for illumination).  It is the same scope design and body as the Millet DMR and the GSRC's scope.

You can look in the EE for deals in scope for your price range.

Excellent advice, but you'll need to really be on the ball to snag a Tac-30 or a CMR for $250.  When something like that hits, it don't last long!  Like the other fellow asked; does your $250 budget include a mount?  If it does, that Primary Arms 1-4 with their "deluxe extended" mount will work well for you.  Recently I noticed Natchez has refurbished Nikon M223 1-4s for $199.  You could do a lot worse for two bills.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It doesn't have to include the mount so I'd take any suggestion for one of those too, its going on a flat-top.  I could probably justify spending up to $125 ish on a mount.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Might look at the Leupold 1-4X shotgun scope; it's what I have on my primary CAR-15. Works great, can be had from $200 on up depending on the version bought, and works so well that I bought a nicer one than mine for my son for his CAR-15 a couple years ago. (Mine's a VX-1, his is the VX-2.)

I typically leave it on 1X for fastest acquisition, which is actually pretty fast with the combination of Leupold optics, heavy duplex reticule, and non-magnified setting. But the ability to instantly crank it up to 4X (or anywhere in between) makes it good for as far as I'm going to shoot a little carbine like this. I've actually bought a TRS-25 to replace the little leupold, primarily to reduce weight and bulk, since it's almost exclusively a defensive carbine now; but I just like the leupold so well, the TRS-25 (and a TRS-32 both) still sit in a drawer unused.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Muller speedshot $239.95 with mount swfa
Bushnell  1-4ar looks pretty promising $152.00 or $227 illuminated
Primary arms
Nikon 1-4 m223 $299.00 with mount
Falcon 1.5-5  also very promising looking $244.95
Leupold 1-4 vx1 hog  $229

Also the Burris tac30
Leatherwood

Etc etc etc
I would look at the warranty and CS on any optic I'd chose I'm sure there are other options I'm not thinking of
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#10]
IMHO, if you can hold out for it, the Bushnell Throw Down PCL 1-4x scope is going to be the one to beat for the money. The initial previews from the folks at SHOT 2013 were VERY positive. The comparison most of them made was to the Viper PST, which is double the money. I have been waiting impatiently for it since I first heard about it at SHOT... the BDC should be close enough to work well on my 5.45x39 16" AR-15. Release date is supposedly late July.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#11]
No love for the Millet DMS-1?
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27uTiDjre0

+1. great for the money..

Link Posted: 5/8/2013 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Just spend 70 on the Burris PEPPR mount and save up a little and get the vortex viper PST 1x4. They can be found pretty reguarly for around 450. It is a great scope with japanese made glass, and you can't beat the warranty.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The millet DMS is the same scope as the Primary Arms. They have different Reticles.

I prefer the fine Duplex Simplicity.

Primary Arms on top. (Only the dot illuminates)

Millet DMS on bottom. (The dot and ring illuminate)

Link Posted: 5/8/2013 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27uTiDjre0

+1 Just got mine a few days ago, not shot with it yet. I am waiting on my LT104. But looking at the neighbors house from my office window, I an really liking it. Very good glass for the cost. I own a few other Hi-Lux/leatherwood products and have been surprised with the quality. Budget in cost but not quality.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The millet DMS is the same scope as the Primary Arms. They have different Reticles.

I prefer the fine Duplex Simplicity.

Primary Arms on top. (Only the dot illuminates)
Millet DMS on bottom. (The dot and ring illuminate)

I like this set up. I will need to look a little closer at the Millet. I like the reticle circle alot.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top