Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2013 12:52:27 PM EDT
Looking for a 4x scope to put onto a low powered air rifle for indoor target shooting.  I'm debating between a vintage Redfield or Weaver K4 vs. a low-cost modern scope like the Centerpoint.  My gut feeling is that the vintage scope (made in Japan or US) will be higher quality, but has modern technology created a situation where cheaply made Chinese scopes are better optically than vintage scopes?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If the air rifle is a spring powered one, just make sure that the scope that you pick is built to withstand the unique recoil characteristics of the platform.

That said, I am using centerpoints on a couple of springer Air Rifles and having no problem with them at all.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a springer, but it is low powered (about 500 fps).  I'm not sure if I would need a special air gun scope or not for this power range.  I can't imagine there being much recoil.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top