Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2013 10:50:35 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me about this scope? I've been looking for a new scope to use for predator hunting and general longer range shooting.

Is it the best scope for its price range or should I look a the Trijicon series?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both and I would have to give Trijicon my vote for long range moving targets ..The 2.5x10x 56mm lense has a huge FOV and works excellent in low light . Though the Nightforce NSX is generally a better all around rugged, compact tactical scope with more reticle options and superior customer service.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have both and I would have to give Trijicon my vote for long range moving targets ..The 2.5x10x 56mm lense has a huge FOV and works excellent in low light . Though the Nightforce NSX is generally a better all around rugged, compact tactical scope with more reticle options and superior customer service.

How is the FOV with the 32mm objective?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both the Nightforce and Trijicon.

The Nightforce 2.5-10x is what all others are judged by. Best in class. True military grade.

Trjicon TR24's are just a low cost commerical scope.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one and hated it.  Narrow FOV, Narrow eyebox, decent glass.  I know it's a rugged little joker, but a decent Leupold will be strong enough for a hunting rig.  For me, I replaced mine with a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 and couldn't be happier.  The Zeiss is a little larger, but actually lighter than the Nightforce.  Better glass, better FOV, better eyebox.  Pics for proof:

instead of

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
You should look at the new Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP. $500 less than the NF, comes with a zero stop, FFP, matching MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA, lifetime unconditional warranty, better FOV, etc.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top