Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:07:29 PM EDT
I'm looking at the mount options for this Primary Arms 30mm Red Dot optic, I'm new to buying optics
and I'm not sure which mount I should be using. Any information will be useful. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
With the cantilever mount you can place the optic far enough forward to have  a magnifier behind it.

I have and use both. I prefer lower 1/3 cowitness also.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey thanks for the information man, you wouldn't happen to know anything about these Primary Arms would yah? I don't have the money
for an EoTech or Aimpoint at the moment. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I own 3 of them, the oldest one is 2 years old. I run them on my S&W M&P 15/22's.
I got a few Aimpoints also.  If you are putting it on a range rifle/plinker AR, I would say go for it.

The Primary arms copy goes through batteries compared to the Aimpoints.
Just  look on Youtube for some input on these.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the information, yeah I'll let the military supply me with a legit optic when I get through basic.haha. I just do some basic tac training here on base and I'm getting tired of the ole' iron sights. I like the standard cowitness myself. Thanks man.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on going cantilever. I picked up one of the Primary Arms magnifiers and had to buy a cantilever spacer for my ARMS Aimpoint mount. Save yourself the trouble and get the cantilever in the first place.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I'm going to go ahead and get the cantilever mount now. I'm still looking around for some good optics for a decent price.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I run a 30mm PA red dot with the cantilever mount.  I just purchased another mount for my Vortex Strikefire.  This time I need it to free up space so I can use flip up scope covers with my fixed rear buis.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got the 30mm PA red dot and went with the cantilever mount. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top