Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2012 5:29:48 PM EDT
I'll be receiving a .308  LAR-8 Elite Operator soon and looking for a low profile rear flip sight.

1) Rock River seems to recommend and sell the ARMS #40L. ($100+)
2) Troy Rear Folding BattleSight has been reccomended.  ($100+)
3) I've seen other-forum folks recommend the Magpul MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 (Around $50)

I know ARMS is milspec. Don't know about Troy.  I don't mind spending a buck. Just want the best within reason.

Pros / Cons of either ?
Other suggestions ?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at some of the pic threads. You will find that the Troy folding BUIS are probably the most popular high-end option. If you are set on Mil-spec, the ARMS 40L shows up all the time in EE for well under $50.00.

Of the three options you presented, I chose the Troy sights.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I too chose the troy sights as a back up to my eotech.

The co witness is perfect. I have no negatives so far and i've been using it for well over a year
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Troy = extreme high quality.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea the Troy looks clean and ARMS busy.  Not sure I'd trust buying a used sight unless it had an unlimited lifetime warranty (like Springfield Armory).

What looks interested to me about the ARMS was the 100, 200, 300 yard ranging feature.  

From what I read about these sights there doesn't not appear to be elevation option.  Just windage. (???)  Am I being ignorant.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm deciding the same thing... I've ruled out the magpul sights they just look too busy and toyish... yeah I know thats not a good reason but it works for me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yea the Troy looks clean and ARMS busy.  Not sure I'd trust buying a used sight unless it had an unlimited lifetime warranty (like Springfield Armory).

What looks interested to me about the ARMS was the 100, 200, 300 yard ranging feature.  

From what I read about these sights there doesn't not appear to be elevation option.  Just windage. (???)  Am I being ignorant.

How often do you plan on shooting iron sights out to 300 yards? 90% of my shooting with the AR platform is 100 yards or less. Plus, if you have a quality red dot, the folding sights are 99.999% for show anyways. Unless you are engaging enemies as part of your job description or protecting the peace, you most likely won't be using your iron sights other than to practice. Just my $.02.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top