Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2012 2:26:48 PM EDT
Got the OK from the chief financial officer in the house to purchase a Trijicon RX30 reflex this past week. (She also snuck a Springfield .40 under the Christmas tree too - she's most likely a keeper ) While I appreciate that it looks fantastic sitting up there (Bushy M4A4) I can not for the life of me hit jack $%#* with it. I read through the instructions and for the life of me can not get this thing zeroed in... Any suggestion for a reflex first timer... * embarrassed*

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you trying to use the front sight post to cowitness with the dot???  If you are, then don't!!!

Pretend the front sight post is not there at all, just look at the dot.  Only look at the dot and your target and adjust it as needed.  Also use a laser bore sight to save time at the range, they make them in .223 and cost about $25.  Even a crappy one will get you on paper.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If your sights are zeroed, and the optic is on a cowitness mount (donno about trijicon) just lollipop the sucker.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Couple things... If the front sight isn't needed (assuming I can get the RX30 zeroed) I can remove it correct? All I would need to do is replace it with a low profile gas block then possibly get a flip up front and back iron sight setup. I was planning on changing out the rails anyway. When looking at the low profile gas blocks I see barrel sizing. How do I determine what diameter the barrel is on my Bushmaster? I am unfamiliar with the term "lollipop the sucker" lol... will need a definition...
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking at the barrel, it should be the standard .750 diameter.

As for lollipoping, you look through your irons and lower the dot till it looks like a lollipop on top of your front post. Extremely close zero.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I like this sight. Good luck with it. After some practise you won't believe how fast it is.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
no need to replace the front sight block.  Just chop off the sight above where the gas tube goes in, this is how most people do it. I'm sure there's a tutorial on here.  Then just get a rail that goes over the stock barrel nut, something like the samson evolution rail.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to try to zero it, I would put it in a vice, mark where the zero'd iron sights are on the target (maybe a big x with the POA/POI being the center so you can see it) and then put the triji on.  Move the dot to the irons' zero.  Then fire and see how close it is to on target.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys, it doesn't look like he has a rear sight, so all of the iron sight zero stuff won't help.

Start off at 25 yards, or the closest distance you can. Shoot three rounds with the center of the reticle (dot, chevron, whatever) on the center of the paper target. Then, locate the group and adjust the RX30 according to the manual.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope. No rear sight just yet... planning on flip ups for both front and rear. Planning on taking it out to the local range (KY Dovers) and hopefully with some good advice/luck I'll be able to sight it in...

Between the rail, BUISs and other misc stuff I'd like to attach to it things are starting to add up Might be better off investing in another lower if when things go south in Washington...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top