Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2012 2:26:59 PM EDT
Last scope question, I promise. My system is a 14.5 middy. Should I run the Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 1.5-4x20 or the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24? Thanks.

http://leupold.com/tactical/scopes/mark-ar-riflescopes/mark-ar-mod-1-1-5-4x20mm-p5/

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/razor-hd-gen-2-1-6x24-riflescope-with-jm-1-reticle
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat as you. I've contemplated everything from Aimpoint's, to ACOG's, to 1-4's. Sorry I can't help, just looking for inspiration.

Middle rifle for reference....also a 14.5in

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Neither --run a Zeiss Conquest Duralyt 1.2-5x36.

You get awesome glass with a much better eye box, especially at top magnification.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#3]
3rd guy here in the same boat... lol

So many options in 1-4 power. Been looking at the MK4, Trijicon, Vortex, NF, Burris MTAC, Meopta and I still cant make up my mind. I'll be watching this thread for suggestions as well.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the Zeiss recommendation, I'll have to look into that.

Personally I'm leaning towards the Vortex because not only is it a 30mm tube with 4 inches of eye relief, but the magnification goes all the way from non-magnified to 6x! Plus, all that eye relief gives me an excuse to marry it with one of Vortex's awesome cantilever mounts, like this quick-release which boasts 3 inches of offset.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-adr-x-cantilever-ring-mount-for-30mm-riflescope-tube-3-inch-offset

Is there any reason to not go with this optic, something I don't know about or overlooked?

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
See if you can look through one. At 6x, both my girlfriend and I really disliked shooting the Swarovski 1-6x24, since the exit pupil became so small. The Zeiss addresses that, with some tradeoffs.

The Vortex has a better reticle for hold over, which is nice. That's the one thing, other than changing the on/off controls, that I'd change on the Zeiss.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the NF 1-4 FC2. Between the 2 scopes mentioned I'd go Vortex 1-6.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have this particular NF but as a NF owner this one is next on my list.  I cannot say enough about this brand.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]
can't go wrong with a 1-4  little bulky for a battle rifle for my tastes but I have a VX R 1-4 on one of my ARs I prefer EoTechs for my battle rifles although I would like to try an aimpoint mirco sometime.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top