Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2012 3:56:05 PM EDT
It is mounted on a medium profile riser for absolute co-witness.  Should I mount it towards the front, rear, or anywhere in between?  Also does it matter which side the thumb screw on the UTG mount faces?  I'd appreciate any help.  

Thanks!
Steve
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have mine as far forward as I can on the receiver.  And no, it doesn't matter which way the mount faces.

Here's an example.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.  When using your red dot,  do you also look through the rear buis or do you have it down?  

Thanks!
Steve
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.  When using your red dot,  do you also look through the rear buis or do you have it down?  

Thanks!
Steve

That is up to you. You can run it up and or down. Some people use fixed sights.

What height mount did you get?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the medium profile (.83") mount.  Gonna give this a try for a while, then go with the high profile (1" I think) if I don't like it.  

Thanks
Steve
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
What is an affordable 45 degree offset mount for the Bushnell TRS ?
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is an affordable 45 degree offset mount for the Bushnell TRS ?

I use the Weaver Offset: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/577394/weaver-tactical-offset-picatinny-accessory-rail-black

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top