Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:35:07 AM EDT
Anyone own one? Been looking for a 3x scope for my sport for a while and this seems to be fairly priced and have really good reviews elsewhere on the interwebs...thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering the same thing. It seems that other scopes in this price range that have a small form factor are junk. OR the price jumps to $500! I purchased a Vortex 3-9 but it is really to big for what I plan to use the rifle for. I am headed to Cabela's to pick one up. Since this is my first AR I hope the fixed power is enough for various uses. :-)
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was wondering the same thing. It seems that other scopes in this price range that have a small form factor are junk. OR the price jumps to $500! I purchased a Vortex 3-9 but it is really to big for what I plan to use the rifle for. I am headed to Cabela's to pick one up. Since this is my first AR I hope the fixed power is enough for various uses. :-)

So just curious, but diid either of you even bother looking at the many, many existing threads right here at this forum dedicated to this exact topic?  Or perhaps consider posting your question on one of those existing threads rather than starting yet another one?

Approximately 10 seconds to search:

Here's one

Here's another

Oh look, here's another

And yet another

You get the idea
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I am very competent using the search feature thank you. Did you look through those threads? Lots of "I heard" or "it looks like" but nothing in the way of I bought the 3x32 and here is what I think of the overall construction, quality of optics, or after 200 rounds it held zero etc. (not much on YouTube either) I should have known better than to post anything. It's better to just read the posts in gun forums. To much of my testosterone is bigger than yours posts.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
So you did find those threads?  If you actually found them, why on earth didn't you post to one of them rather than clogging up the boards with another one that will produce yet another 10 to 20 bullshit responses?  

We get these same damn questions every week.  The search function is there for a reason.

You're recreating the wheel and making it that much harder for the next forum newcomer to find the few quality answers to the same damn question.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
First of all, I am not the original poster. Second, you seem like just another troll who likes to put others down by hiding behind an avatar and alias. If you aren't going to be constructive and help others don't post anything!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
First of all, I am not the original poster. Second, you seem like just another troll who likes to put others down by hiding behind an avatar and alias. If you aren't going to be constructive and help others don't post anything!

True that.  You're not the OP, and my beef really should be with him.  For that I apologize.  We just see these same questions come up all the time.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True that.  You're not the OP, and my beef really should be with him.  For that I apologize.  We just see these same questions come up all the time.  

Why you have any "beef" at all is what amazes me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Something not in the other threads.

The reticle is weak. It works great for plinking, but if you're looking for a quick both eyes open scope, this is definitely not what you're looking for.

The dimensions of the scope are akward so finding a decent mount is next to impossible. The double mount made for it works, but is pretty cheesy. I traded an Optisan Mamba for mine and regret it. I honestly can't see this optic on anything useful. The magnification is too low for long shots, and the reticle is too thin to be used for quick shots. The caps are also pretty cheesy, and an MBUS puts too much tension against the optic for my tastes.

I'm sure someone will chime in who is happy with theirs, but I just couldn't find anything this optic was even remotely good at. If they put a better reticle in it, it would be worth keeping though. I was going to trade mine off but they're not worth jack.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:20:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I owned and really liked the p-233. The glass was great and it tracked/return to zero every time. I really thought at dawn when day light was low the scope did awesome !!! As for the mounts from what I remember they were fine and did their job.

It looked great on my 16 inch!

I needed more magnification but if your sure a 3x scope is what you want then the p-233 ids a great buy at the price
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:38:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So you did find those threads?  If you actually found them, why on earth didn't you post to one of them rather than clogging up the boards with another one that will produce yet another 10 to 20 bullshit responses?  

We get these same damn questions every week.  The search function is there for a reason.

You're recreating the wheel and making it that much harder for the next forum newcomer to find the few quality answers to the same damn question.

So your first choice was to disrupt this thread with senseless GD type rantings?

We have a report button you can use if you think a thread shouldn't be in a certain place.

Next time use it, and stop screwing up threads here.

No, my  first choice was to point out that there are a minumum of 5 threads on this exact same topic that could have been identified with minimal searching.   And if the answers couldn't be found in those threads, these existing discussions would have been a far better place to post additonal questions rather than starting yet another one.  Please review my inital post in this thread.

My "GD type rantings" came when I mis-directed my follow up reply to the second poster, who appeared to miss my point.  But he wasn't the one who actually started this completely redundant discussion.  I've already apologized for that.

Generally, self-policing basic forum etiquitte like utilizing the search function is preferable to reflexively hitting the report button every time anybody sees something they don't like.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#13]
See Post
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top