Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 7:23:29 AM EDT
simple question, hard answer to find. does anyone make a .625 clamp on front flip up sight/gasblock similar to the yhm-9396. i found one made by pri but dont want to get quite that spendy on it. if thats the only option, i guess it is what it is but...

so if anyone knows where to get something like this it would be much appreciated. thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You might not want to hear this, but I just went through the same search.  I finally caved & bought the PRI about two weeks ago.

You could always go with a rail & a clamp on.  YHM makes a nice small rail for the 0.625 barrels.  That was my 1st thought.  But I really wanted a folder.  The more I thought about it, the cheaper (in my mind) the PRI looked.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah thats the only other option i see. a railed clamp on block and flip up pic mount sight. if i go this route id like to find a reciever height railed block which also is proving to be a difficult find in .625.

man i really dont want a $200+ sight just for an extra 2" of sight radius and a look im after.  maybe ill have to make my own block, that should be fun though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I also went through this process recently. Midwest industries makes a .625 gas block/flip sight but most of the reviews I read were negative and I didn't like how it looked. I priced it out and a quality railed gas block and quality rail mounted flip sight will cost almost as much or more than the PRI option. I went with PRI and I'm not disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I came close to getting the Midwest.  But I really didn't like it.  My barrel is too short (14.5 mid length) to use the bayonet lug & the overall look of the assembly looked very chunky & blocky.  I found the PRI at Midway for $169 & some change.  Not much more than the Midwest & a better unit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:36:24 AM EDT
[#5]
pri ordered, now i i gotta wait for it to get here and cut it up a little bit. i want a dissy type look, mostly for the longer sight radius and being able to get the sight out of my view through the scope(which is why i really dont want one on top of the rail). 13" alpha with the flip up block mounted between the end of the rail and the back of the comp. gov. profile barrel and i need to cut the i.d. to fit the step down in diameter at the end of the barrel. hope after all this it turns out like im thinking it will.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:45:03 AM EDT
[#6]
PRI is good stuff.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top