Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:19:59 AM EDT
Picked up a cheapo Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 for a dedicated 22 upper that came with low rings.  The scope has a 6" eye relief.  Would a small riser with a slight cantilever (like a yhm) get it forward and up enough for the relief?  Currently, the rings at fully forward position has the eye piece about 1.5" behind the charging handle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
That eye relief will be much shorter at 9x, just so you know.
I ran that scope on one of mine for a while, and you do have to get fairly close at 9x-at that power you need it about 1" froward of the chargiing handle if you shoot NTH.
Just the perils of a variable.
Personally, I would set it for max mag and just move my head back for lower mags-little quicker that way as well.

Nick
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top