Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2012 1:10:26 PM EDT
I'm considering a Burris FastFire 3 for my Benelli M4........I

I'm torn between buying a Trijicon RMR (Dual-Illuminated Version, 9 MOA Dot), or the Burris FastFire 3.

The FastFire 3 will run me about $250 with mount. The Trijicon RMR will cost me close to $450 with an ADM QD Mount.

I don't wanna put junk on my Benelli M4.........I'm the type that does indeed believe in "Buy Once, Cry Once"..........however, if I can get something almost as good for $250 less, I wouldn't mind saving the money.

One thing is, ALL my optics on my 4 different ARs, are Trijicon.........I'm kinda leaning towards the RMR, just to keep the familiarity.

ETA: I AM a Trijicon whore......
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Price wise, I'd be tempted to use a Aimpoint Micro over any RMR. I like the idea of the light gathering RMR though.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Price wise, I'd be tempted to use a Aimpoint Micro over any RMR. I like the idea of the light gathering RMR though.

There's a rather large difference between $650 for the Micro, and $450 for the RMR.

I'm tapped out at $450. I refuse to spend $650 on a shotgun optic.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
And here I am with an extra Micro & low mount that needs a Benelli I cant afford yet....
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
i just purchased a fastfire3 and returned it due to the crappy battery cap... maybe i got a bad one, but the battery cap would not screw on once you installed the battery.... no battery, the cap would screw on and off just fine.... battery installed, no go.... burris shouldve done something much different in terms of the battery cap. IMO, it is a really bad design error. You will know what I'm talking about once you get it if you decide to purchase it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm considering a Burris FastFire 3 for my Benelli M4........I

I'm torn between buying a Trijicon RMR (Dual-Illuminated Version, 9 MOA Dot), or the Burris FastFire 3.

The FastFire 3 will run me about $250 with mount. The Trijicon RMR will cost me close to $450 with an ADM QD Mount.

I don't wanna put junk on my Benelli M4.........I'm the type that does indeed believe in "Buy Once, Cry Once"..........however, if I can get something almost as good for $250 less, I wouldn't mind saving the money.

One thing is, ALL my optics on my 4 different ARs, are Trijicon.........I'm kinda leaning towards the RMR, just to keep the familiarity.

ETA: I AM a Trijicon whore......

I have a fastfire 3 in ADM mount that I placed on my M4, but I have an M1014 which will not work with a C-stock, and I just dislike the Urbino, so the eye-relief is not completely optimal.

Battery cap threads are "fine", took a bit of work and trial/error to get it on correctly, but it will go properly.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:06:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you looked at the Vortex Razor  mini dot's.  I believe they are the only company to offer a life time Warranty on a mini dot.

I got a good deal from3 Rivers Precision.  I like it and have it mounted to my Mossy 930SPX.  No issues with it.,  I did debate getting the FF3 because of its price point.

RS
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, just got the 9 MOA Dual-Illuminated RMR and an ADM low QD Mount for $450 w/ next day air shipping.

We'll see how it is tomorrow.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top