Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2012 7:04:23 PM EDT
being that we are all kicking out crazy ideas this week, has anyone ever considered putting the LMT iron sights that came with your rifle on two 45 offset mounts (front and back) for something very similar to the DD-RTS rapid transition sights?? im sure everyone that has purchased a LMT MWS has some $150 dollar high quality iron sights just sitting in the corner of their basement not being used. Could just keep the offset mounts on and could take the quick detach LMT iron sights on or off when needed?? LOL, yes i know... its a crazy friggen idea. I don't think I would ever do this... just killing me to see what it looks like in person / picture...

LOL, does anyone happen to have two offset mounts that could set this up on their LMT with a scope and take a picture???.... LOL, I'm just wondering what it might look like and how similar this would look like the DD-RTS rapid transition sights.... It would be really interesting to see a pic of this if someone with an LMT that has these parts on hand and a camera. GG&G offset mounts are like $24 dollars a crack. First person that comes up with a pic wins!! RLMAO

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be curious if the height would work or if it would be too high.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
dont think it would be any different in comparison to the DD RTS and if it was it would be a very small difference

Quoted:
I would be curious if the height would work or if it would be too high.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've personally used a set up similar to what your suggesting but with Troys. The LMT is wayyyy to bulky for that.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top