Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 8:29:33 AM EDT
So I might be getting an Aimpoint PRO (probably used) and I was wondering the height of it installed above the flattop rail with the standard QRP mount. Can anyone give me the dimensions from the rail to the highest spot of the scope? The only dimensions I can find is the height to center.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#1]
aimpoint said the height over bore is approx 2.5 inches
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
But that's to the dot, I want the whole height.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
nevermind
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I get 2 7/8 inches from the top of the rail to the cap on the elevation dial. That is with the spacer in.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you :)
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Not trying to hijack but would anyone happen to what the height of the PRO with a LT-129 mount?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not trying to hijack but would anyone happen to what the height of the PRO with a LT-129 mount?
I can't quote you a measurement, but when I bought my Aimpoint PRO, I switched from the factory QRP2 mount to the LaRue LT129 because the QRP2 was an absolute (middle of the field of view) cowitness with iron sights, and I wanted the lower 1/3 field of view cowitness that you get with the LT-129 mount. If you are running fixed sights, or at least a fixed front sight, the lower 1/3 gives you a better field of view when looking over the irons. I also have an Aimpoint 3x magnifier in a LaRue flip-to-side mount that works out right with the PRO in the LT-129.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top