Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2012 11:09:12 AM EDT
I got an Aimpoint micro T1 for my arsenal SGL21, the one I got came with the quick disconnect mount with 39mm riser. I want to take of the riser but the short screws didn't come with the sight. Any idea where I can get just the short  screws to mount the optic directly to the mount base?
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a dremel you could just chop off the excess, Ive done it many times to shorten screws or if you have a good pair of clippers that should do the trick. Other options would be to take the screw to your local Lowes/Home Depot or if you bought it new and its under warranty Id try giving Aimpoint a call and they might send them out for free.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you have a dremel you could just chop off the excess, Ive done it many times to shorten screws or if you have a good pair of clippers that should do the trick. Other options would be to take the screw to your local Lowes/Home Depot or if you bought it new and its under warranty Id try giving Aimpoint a call and they might send them out for free.

The screws aren't fully threaded just the top quarter inch or so. I will try calling Aimpoint and see if I can get then to send me some.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Aimpoint, they should send you the shorter bolts free of charge.
Tomac
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top