Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2012 6:53:28 PM EDT
Hey guys. I'm new to the "Black Rifle" and really only have a few questions. I've researched and taught myself as much as I can about these rifles, so dont worry I won't be one of those new guys that worries everybody to death with random questions. I just bought my first rifle DPMS Panther A3 flattop.
  So heres the question. My rifle has a low profile front gas block/rail. Can anybody recommend a flip up sight to put on this rifle for the poor man? I'm probably gonna put a Magpul BUIS on the rear, but I just can't seem to find the right front sight. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I would take a look at YHM or Midwest Industries
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a similar rifle and went with the Troy flip ups and they are awesome.  They were a little on the expensive side but I have no regrets, from my research the three companies that had decent looking gas block height sights were Yankee Hill Machine, Midwest Industries, and Troy.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4581/photo1dj.jpg
They lay extremely flat.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3859/photopnz.jpg
And lock up tight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Fellas I appreciate it. That rifle looks freakin good with that green dude.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top