Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/16/2011 10:19:41 AM EDT
Would like some feedback and pic's, plz.

I have a 1" 1-4x scope that I am thinking about have the M223 hold her.

TIA

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I cant find the thread, but there was just another user having some problems getting zero'ed that I believe were attributed to the fact that it has a built in 20moa lift.. I think Nikon only really came out with it because of their M-223 scopes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Nikon mount on my 1-4x20 and it is fine.

Bill
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It works great i love it,i have a 1-4 M223 and haven't had a problem at all.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you want a similar product, and like the idea of keeping the money here in the US of A, tale a look at the Freedom Reaper by DNZ.  Made in North Carolina.  China has enough of our money.

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/180-180-ffffff/opplanet-dnz-products-161fpt-mount.png

http://www.opticsplanet.net/dnz-products-freedom-reaper-5-66-picatinny-rail-1in-mount.html

I have 1" 1-3 in the Freedom Reaper on a Rock River.  Also four other DNZ mounts on various rifles.  I like the fit, finish and design.  On a standard rifle, screwed directly to the receiver, it looks like it grew out of the top of the gun.

One thing I like as a retailer, is that if I call DZN with a question, in about 60 seconds I can talk to a machinist.  They know their stuff, and are mighty proud of their product.

Mark H.

Mark,

Tank you for the post. I was on your site today, how would you compare the Nikon vs. the DNZ vs. the Leupold Mark 2 IMS?
I bought a Bright Strike BTL Quick Cam ROTO-LOC from you guys a few weeks back for my duty belt and my duty carry light and I was pleased with opticsplanet.com, and your prices on many things are better than most...

Chris_C

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
The Nikon mount is made by Warne. Are you sure they aren't an American company? It's a great mount and with a built in 20 MOA a solic choice if you don't need a quick release option.

Just checked. Warne is an American company. Seems someone should do some research before peddling different products.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The Nikon mount is made by Warne. Are you sure they aren't an American company? It's a great mount and with a built in 20 MOA a solic choice if you don't need a quick release option.

Just checked. Warne is an American company. Seems someone should do some research before peddling different products.

Nikon is owned by the Mitsubishi group based out of Tokyo, Japan.

The M223 mount is made in the USA as per this picture shows:

Profits go to Japan.

It's the same argument that the UAW uses about Japanese cars being made 100% in the USA by American workers...

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been using the Nikon M-223  Mounts for 2 years now. Yes, even before I started doing some work for Nikon I chose to use buy this mount.  Warne is a well known mount producer, excellent quality and value. I have yet to hear of one mount going bad.
Here's a pic of my wife shooting one of my AR's with a Nikon M-223 1-4 Rapid Action Turret scope and the M-223 Mount.

Drop me a note if you have any questions.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

Nikon M-223 1-4 Scope and Mount
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l57/Davinci312/041011/IMG_4972.jpg

Profits go to Japan.

It's the same argument that the UAW uses about Japanese cars being made 100% in the USA by American workers...

Don't you think Nikon pays Warne to make the mount? Not too mention according to him the money would go to China. I can sure tell you who will never get any of my business again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked one up locally today.  Gonna get it mounted on the RRA Predator Pursuit tonight.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l57/Davinci312/041011/IMG_4972.jpg

Profits go to Japan.

not to start any political debate but alot of mitsubishi autos are made by united auto workers in bloomington illinois . also I am a union electrician and have made alot of money working at toyota manufacturing in princeton indiana . I can assure you I did not drive to tokyo to buy groceries with the money they paid me .
Now that all that crap is out of the way nikon makes a quality product and I doubt they would go sub-par on anything they put there name on . I use there rifle scopes , cameras, and lense, with confidence.

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Now that all that crap is out of the way nikon makes a quality product
and I doubt they would go sub-par on anything they put there name on . I
use there rifle scopes , cameras, and lense, with confidence.

Nikon makes glass for some high end scope companies, I have no issues with their products and I will continue to use them. I have everything from their scopes to a D80.

I was looking for feedback on people who are the M223, how do you like yours?

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Don't you think Nikon pays Warne to make the mount? Not too mention according to him the money would go to China. I can sure tell you who will never get any of my business again.

Of course, why wouldn't they? Warne isn't walking away with Nikon profits on the mount either.

Anyway, you are free to spend your money where you want. I didn't take any offense to his post. I don't understand why you are so bothered by it. That statement could be said about MANY of the popular mounts and rings here are using, that frankly, I do not want...IE the PA's and the PEPR's.

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I really wish there was a QD version of the M-223 mount.  I didn't know Warne made the mount, now that I do I see that as another positive selling point.  Everything I have ever purchased from Nikon has been of great quality and made me quite happy.  I have a 1-4x M-223 scope, but I have it in a Bobro QD mount.  Should I decide to make a dedicated scope only 5.56mm AR I will absolutely look at the M-223 mount.  In that case I will probably go with a higher power M-223 scope also.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been using the Nikon M-223  Mounts for 2 years now. Yes, even before I started doing some work for Nikon I chose to use buy this mount.  Warne is a well known mount producer, excellent quality and value. I have yet to hear of one mount going bad.
Here's a pic of my wife shooting one of my AR's with a Nikon M-223 1-4 Rapid Action Turret scope and the M-223 Mount.

Drop me a note if you have any questions.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

Nikon M-223 1-4 Scope and Mount

I have that same set-up.
It is very nice.

Bill
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The M223 mount is extremely strong and has a built in 20 moa. I have 2 and will use them for every rifle that does not need QD mounts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Got mine mounted up and the rifle bore sighted last night.  Time to go to the range.
I really like the mount.  It's rock solid and the quality is very good.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you want a similar product, and like the idea of keeping the money here in the US of A, tale a look at the Freedom Reaper by DNZ.  Made in North Carolina.  China has enough of our money.

^
l
l
l
This just lost you a customer.

The Nikon mount is made in America. Way to fact check before shooting your mouth off.

And what do you do with all the money you guys make from the pages and pages of crap glass from China you sell on your site?

To the OP I own a M233 mount and have had zero issues with it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want a similar product, and like the idea of keeping the money here in the US of A, tale a look at the Freedom Reaper by DNZ. Made in North Carolina. China has enough of our money.

^

l

l

l

This just lost you a customer.

The Nikon mount is made in America. Way to fact check before shooting your mouth off.

And what do you do with all the money you guys make from the pages and pages of crap glass from China you sell on your site?

To the OP I own a M233 mount and have had zero issues with it.

You guys are silly. Nikon is a japense company.

I am waiting to hear back from the optics planet to hear what they think abut the DNZ vs. Leupold Vs. the Nikon...the Leupold has thumb screws, so that interests me.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top