Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2011 6:50:47 PM EDT
After seeing AR15-mans video on the eotech I thought I would do something similar with the Aimpoint.  I love this thing!  Let me know what you think of the video and be sure to check out some of my others.

Link Posted: 10/20/2011 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody ever watch this?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody like it?

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 2:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure did, I'm researching getting optics for the first time and learned what parallax free is.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sure did, I'm researching getting optics for the first time and learned what parallax free is.

Glad to here it.  I was hoping it could help some people

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Good video
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Good video

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty good I just picked a MICRO T-1 2MOA with the LT751 ABSOLUTE mount my personal custom built M4gery. I am running Troy flip up front and back sites and to maintain my proper cheek weld I decided to run with the absolute mount.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Fake
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice video.  It would be cool if you showed how the Aimpoint co-witnesses with the Magpul BUIS.

Small thread Jack: Also I am looking at a primary arms red dot.  Would that red dot function parallax free like the Aimpoint?

B62stew
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice video.  It would be cool if you showed how the Aimpoint co-witnesses with the Magpul BUIS.

Small thread Jack: Also I am looking at a primary arms red dot.  Would that red dot function parallax free like the Aimpoint?

B62stew

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Doing a vid like that outside in the sunshine would be really helpfull so that people could see how it works in the daylight.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#13]
was the dot movement from center (on the bullseye if you look close) related to the camera's lenses?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 3:12:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for posting..
Looking in to optics for my Bushmaster ORC, and this give me a good idea of this one’s performance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Not totally sure what your asking

Quoted:

was the dot movement from center (on the bullseye if you look close) related to the camera's lenses?

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me either, the whole point of the video was to show that the dot DIDN'T move from bullseye in relation to the viewing angle, and it did not move.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me either, the whole point of the video was to show that the dot DIDN'T move from bullseye in relation to the viewing angle, and it did not move.

It did move, a little.  Enough to matter at, say, 200 yards, anyway...but only at the extreme edges (top in particular) of viewing area.  My PA micro dot is the same way; slightly vertical shift across the very top of the optic, otherwise none.  Watch the U shaped movement @ 0:47-0:49 and watch the dot, it doesn't move out of the bulls, but it moves around inside it.  Moves around to top of bullseye @ 0:43, then down into middle as camera angle changes...then to top right corner...then back to middle.

Thanks for posting this! I always wondered if an extremely expensive optic like the aimpoint would have this problem too, and that video shows it does, just like my PA micro dot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not sure that the dot moved in the optic or if it appears to move due to the camera lens.

If you look close at the dot on the bullseye, and assume that the optic is fixed, the dot moves a little.  

I was curious if the dot moves at the edges (human will need to tell us that) if so, that means the camera has parallax.

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#19]
The dot does move a little.

I don't know if it is just an illusion, or if there is parallax - but it is normal and they all do it.

The idea is that at the range the optic is used, it is essentially parallax free. The closer the POA, the more you see movement, but the less it matters. The farther away, the smaller the movement.
It doesn't take much distance to make it pretty much zero shifting.

There may be some effects from the camera at work too, but every aimpoint I've used does this.

As stated above, I don't know if it is actually parallax, but the way it was explained to me is that it is.... but it is essentially parallax free due to the fact that it is almost zero and shrinking the further out you use it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#20]
No matter what though, it stays in the bull and will forever.  That's why Aimpoints rock!
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#21]
from physics there's no such thing as parallax free scope, so i am always curious about the expensive aimpoint "parallax free" claim, since i don't have it but only have bushnell (came with my rifle), and thanks to the video, sure enough the aimpoint is not parallax free but the same as my bushnell
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for sharing.. Nice to see what it looks like inside the tube before I buy.. Looking at getting the new T-1 2moa...
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Like others have said its impossible for a scope or RDS to be completely paralx free.  But it's such a minute movement it dosent matter.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#24]
What is that flat part in 4 and 5 o'clock position of the lens?  I dont remember seeing that before.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What is that flat part in 4 and 5 o'clock position of the lens?  I dont remember seeing that before.

Emitter for the LED.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top