BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 3:40:22 PM EDT
I have a what I perceive to be a problem with my Leupold VX-R Patrol w/FireDot:

Here's the deal:

Several weeks ago I ordered the above scope off the web.  Good scope  except for one thing.  If I understand correctly from Leupold's literature, you can set the dot on ANY brightness, lay the scope down for 5 minutes and then when you pick the scope back up, it will "wake up" at that same setting.  The scope I ordered would not do that.  It came back on WAY dimmer.  I called Leupold, the tech said yeah, it should come back on with the same brightness.  Not wanting to send a brand new scope back to Leupold,  I sent the scope back (with full disclosure) to the vendor for a refund.

I liked the scope so much (except for the above problem) that I ordered another one from another source expecting "No problems".  Well, the second scope does the same thing.  Am I missing something here?  I would appreciate any input from anyone familiar with this scope as to what their experiences are.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
That realy sucks to hear

I was really looking into putting one on a hunting rig.

Have you notified Leupold about the second one?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I sent an e-mail,  but the guy is out of the office until Tuesday.  Guess I'll find out more then.  Hopefully someone on the forum with "hands-on" experience will respond.  It really is a nice scope; just can't figure out what's going on with the Motion Sensor feature.

It just seems incredible coincidence that it's happened on two different scopes from two different dealers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I talked to a tech guy today at Leupold and explained the details of my problem with the two Leupold Patrol Firedots (1.25-4).

He consulted with an engineer and came back on the line to tell me that they had been aware of the malfunction for a few weeks now and were working on a solution.  

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Murphy123
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top