Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2011 12:44:31 PM EDT
Does anyone know which one is taller for an ACOG TA44?   The ADM, or LaRue? Does the BoBro mount fit the TA44?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure which is taller, but I'd go with the LaRue mount any day of the week. Considering it's only a few bucks more ... you'll get more than your moneys worth.

I checked out brobo's website and I don't see a mount for the mini ACOG. Perhaps their locking mechanism is so bulky that it would dwarf the mini so they didn't bother to make one?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go LaRue, too. Apparently, Bobro is coming out with one. See the "Bobro mounts thread" for info.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#3]

I prefer the ADM mounts. No wrenches required. Melonite finish on exposed steel parts. Does not deform the rail. I look at LaRue and ADM as equals with different concepts.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
All my rails must be deformed
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The current Bobro QD mounts will not work with the TA44 but he just finished two prototypes (one in lower 1/3 and one in absolute co-witness) for the TA44 which are being tested as we speak!!     Should be available very soon!!!  Its worth the wait!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#6]

If the LaRue mount locking mechanism is improperly adjusted, rail scuffing or gouging will occur. With the ADM, the worst thing that happens if the mount is adjusted too tightly is that the clamp will not close (See video link).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NaGKH8oxQ8o

ADM mounts require no wrenches or Loctite to be installed.

Again both are great mounts with different locking concepts. One requires more effort than the other to use.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top