Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 7:25:52 PM EDT
Does anybody ever use the old Leupy 1-4x VX2?  It seems like a decent scope, and I have a friend who likes his quite well.  I was thinking of getting one, just as a less expensive scope for a beater rifle.  I have owned some of the VX-2 stuff in the past, and it is good quality glass, for the price.  Any opinions?  Thanks, 9080
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Leupold 3-9x compact (Vari-X II) that has been on my .338 since at least 1993.  I zeroed it back then and have not had the adjustment caps off since.  Damn fine scope.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much what Warhawk said, although no where near as heavy a caliber.

Vari-X II 2.5-7 (IIRC...haven't seen the think in years) on a 7mm Rem Mag...flawless.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty much what Warhawk said, although no where near as heavy a caliber.

Vari-X II 2.5-7 (IIRC...haven't seen the think in years) on a 7mm Rem Mag...flawless.

I dunno, I think I'd rather shoot a .338 (big ole shove) than a 7 Mag (sharp whack).  The scope probably doesn't know the difference
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Im actually going to use this 1-4x on an AR.  Anybody doing that?  Thanks for the feedback so far on the glass guys.  9080
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top