Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2011 10:06:57 PM EDT
Hey guys, I am looking at the Trij 1-4's. Does anybody have any advice to offer on these?  One of the questions that I have, is how tough are they?  I am sure they are no ACOG, but how tough?  Looking for a little input I guess, before I through down the dough for one.  Thanks guys, 9080
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I am looking at the Trij 1-4's. Does anybody have any advice to offer on these?  One of the questions that I have, is how tough are they?  I am sure they are no ACOG, but how tough?  Looking for a little input I guess, before I through down the dough for one.  Thanks guys, 9080

Just as tough as any other major brand optics if you don't throw the rifle around in the back of the truck.  Any optics can and will fail under the abusive conditions.  With that said, I have 3 of these Trijicons, one is now close to 8 years old (TR21) and after all the 3 gun matches I had attended, last thing I worried about is this scope. I just now moved it to my .22 practice rig and updated with a TR24.

If you're planning on shooting beyond 400 yds and not want to mess with the elevation dial, probably look at other options.  This is where most people finds the TR line of scope drops off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm told the Trijicon Accupoint endures the same level of testing the ACOG is subjected to.  All said and done, I wouldn't worry it's durability...especially when stacked up against it's competition.  It'll be fine.  Even if it wasn't, Trijicon has an incredible customer service department.  They've treated many very well, myself included.

Cheers,

H
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
A search on AccuPoint has some relevant threads:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/548446_Trijicon_1_4x_Accupoint.html
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm told the Trijicon Accupoint endures the same level of testing the ACOG is subjected to.  All said and done, I wouldn't worry it's durability...especially when stacked up against it's competition.  It'll be fine.  Even if it wasn't, Trijicon has an incredible customer service department.  They've treated many very well, myself included.

Cheers,

H

Having had one (that had a problem from he get go....the focus ring moved under recoil), I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you on both counts there.....while that might be what they say, the ACOG is clearly a much tougher optic, is soldier proof and you hear of far less issues.  Regarding Trijicons' customer service....worst I've experienced in the firearms world, by a long way.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
They're rugged enough.

Also I have to chime in on the Trijicon CS wich for an individual civilian purchase is almost non existant
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I've run one on swat for three years.  Used, abused, and still good to go.  No issues to date.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They're rugged enough.

Also I have to chime in on the Trijicon CS wich for an individual civilian purchase is almost non existant

I'll sure second the part in red. When my TR24 had to be sent back because it had a massive water leak it took them 6 weeks to get me a new scope. The fact that my TR24 died in light rain (along with another TR24 that was at my class that day) and then it took them 6 weeks to simply send me a replacement scope left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I will never buy another Trijicon product. There are plenty of other companies out there that make excellent products and back them up with excellent customer service on the off-chance that something goes wrong. Trijicon dropped the ball on quality and customer service.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry that you've had bud luck with their service.  As some additional context, bad service is not isolated to Trijicon. I broke my Swarovski Z6i when it fell off my kitchen table while cleaning my rifle. Their CS had to send it to Austria for repair with ETC of 6-8 weeks. Considering that I paid over 2K for the scope, I was very disappointed that they didn't just replace mine with another unit.  :-/
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I have 4 ACOGs.  They are bright, clear, and durable.  My favorite scope hands down.  That being said, Trijicon has the worst customer service on the planet.  I called them a few times to get some basic information about the F reticle and couldn't believe the level of apathy mixed with incompetence.  Complete monkeys.

I am still glad I have my ACOGs.

P.S.  Realism should apply to customer service too.  Why in the world should a company give you a new scope if you drop it off the table?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
P.S.  Realism should apply to customer service too.  Why in the world should a company give you a new scope if you drop it off the table?

You know.. when my EOTech 553 battery compartment came loose, EOTech sent me a new unit even before I shipped back the old one. That is excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I love my ACOGs, Accupoints, and Aimpoints but I keep spares for everything I can. Even if it's a cheaper spare, it's still something. You never know how long a repair will take.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top