Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:56:22 PM EDT
I have used Aimpoints in Competition and training. I have dropped them and put them through some semi hard use and they are fine. I had a Burris XTR14 a while ago and just felt like I was holding a delicate figureine. With the different bodies and parts and fine nature of scope llens alignment how much confidence can you have in modern scope still being able to work if it; falls on to concrete, hits a door jamb hard, gets slammed in car door, etc. My Burris did well in 3 gun but if SHTF and I going to be SOL with a few hard knocks then a fall into a creek?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You tube Daniel Defense torture test. They blow up an aimpoint micro and it still works
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Sell it and get in on KIT3 or KIT4 and stop worrying about it.  

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2520975&page=1
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
these two posts get to my delima. i have owned aimpoints and traditional scopes. I loved my burris xtr. My aimpoint was 100% ok after being slammed in a car door. Would the lens still be in place, and track if that had happened to a Burris or even a us optics? I want a 1-4 power scope is great for 3 gun but are they tough enough for long rougher life? The KIT that was just mentioned, if that falls down a flight of stairs onto the concrete basement floor is it still working and in tact when I pick it up?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
these two posts get to my delima. i have owned aimpoints and traditional scopes. I loved my burris xtr. My aimpoint was 100% ok after being slammed in a car door. Would the lens still be in place, and track if that had happened to a Burris or even a us optics? I want a 1-4 power scope is great for 3 gun but are they tough enough for long rougher life? The KIT that was just mentioned, if that falls down a flight of stairs onto the concrete basement floor is it still working and in tact when I pick it up?

Youtube US Optics. They have videos of them throwing scopes and using them as hammers and they still work fine. I'm considering there 1-4 and there 1.5-6.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]

I think those might be an exception to the rule.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top