Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
a friend of mine had the primary arms unit and nothing but good things to say about it.

also saying that he hasnt owned an aimpoint/eotech
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I also hear nothing but good things about primary arms. A member from my HTF uses a Lucid red dot, you might want to check those out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Go with one of the PA's.  If your going to put $200 into a Bushness you may as well just keep saving for an EOtech or Aimpoint at $400, your halfway there.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out the Vortex Strikefire - I've bought a bunch of them and have been very happy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I would just hold off for the real Eotech, you can find used 511's and 512's with a little wear for around 250 on the EE.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:27:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude, keep saving.  Been down this road myself.  Not worth it to spend good money on this stuff when you can get a mounted aimpoint for near $400 if you do your homework.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Dude, keep saving. Been down this road myself. Not worth it to spend good money on this stuff when you can get a mounted aimpoint for near $400 if you do your homework.

+1. Don't buy any of the tinker toy optics. Save for a while and get the Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude, keep saving. Been down this road myself. Not worth it to spend good money on this stuff when you can get a mounted aimpoint for near $400 if you do your homework.

+1. Don't buy any of the tinker toy optics. Save for a while and get the Aimpoint.

If you shop well, you can get a Strikefire for $135, which means you can go shooting with a red dot now.  I don't disagree with saving for a "better" optic down the road, but unless you're going into battle or using it for HD, one of the less expensive optics will et you out to the range with it a lot faster with close enough equality.  My SHTF rifle has a T-1, everything else has a Vortex of some sort and I think it was the right choice for me for range/competition use.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok,

I'm going to save up for an Eotech...went and looked at them at the local store and they are really nice.  But...here's what I'm going to do.

Buy a PA Redot for now
Save for an Eotech
Start new SBR build
?????
Profit

Hit's all the bases.....I mean I'll have to put that PA on SOMETHING when I get the EOTech...right?  right?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:08:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I have used the lucid for over a year now on a busmaster flattop and just mounted on a SCAR17s.  I am a big fan of this company and you cannot beat the price.  When I bought it, they were giving away the 2x screw in magnifier.  I just mounted the lucid 2x - 5x variable magnifier and I love it.  Great customer service from Lucid, too.  

I have 2 eotech's as well but really like the lucid.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Look into the Bushnell TRS25. I bought one after very favorable reviews by Nutnfancy. For under $100 I don't thinking can go wrong, I have had great success with mine.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top