Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2011 2:57:02 AM EDT
Hey there. I'm new to the AR world but I'm waiting to get my 20'' A2 rifle kit soon and plan to make it a good long range gun. I've been researching trying to find what scope I should get but don't know how far I should expect my rifle to reach. I've heard around 900 yards but don't know how true that is. Anyone got some good advice to throw my way?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey there. I'm new to the AR world but I'm waiting to get my 20'' A2 rifle kit soon and plan to make it a good long range gun. I've been researching trying to find what scope I should get but don't know how far I should expect my rifle to reach. I've heard around 900 yards but don't know how true that is. Anyone got some good advice to throw my way?

I'd say 600 yds should be your goal for 5.56mm.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Dupe
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top