Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:33:01 AM EDT
I'm new to Aimpoints and thought they would be listed under the military and law enforcement section on their site but they are listed under sporting optics. I guess I bought the wrong model.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Click here, then select "Comp M3" in the "jump-to-products" drop-down menu.

You have a military-grade optic. Please stop posting about your buyer's remorse.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]
You bought the CompC3, not the CompM3.  Unless you go diving with you guns or use NVD, nothing was lost.  You still bought a great optic and you can always return it, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:48:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess I bought the wrong model.
 Wrong in what way?  What is it lacking that you require?  

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You bought the CompC3, not the CompM3.  Unless you go diving with you guns or use NVD, nothing was lost.  You still bought a great optic and you can always return it, I'm sure.

No actually I bought the Comp M3.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The Comp M2 (the original military M68 CCO) isn't under military either.

It's a marketing thing, they are pushing the latest M4 and T1 optics for military applications.

The Comp M3 was supposed to be the next generation of CCO with some battery life enhancements and came in 2 or 4 MOA dot size. From what I've read the comp m4 has been officially adopted by the military as the next gen CCO. The Comp M3 never was, but that doesn't mean it wasn't built to the same standards as the M2 and the M4. It just means the military didn't see it as a vast improvement over the M2 and didn't want to update their supply.

OP, you're being neurotic.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Comp M2 (the original military M68 CCO) isn't under military either.

It's a marketing thing, they are pushing the latest M4 and T1 optics for military applications.

The Comp M3 was supposed to be the next generation of CCO with some battery life enhancements and came in 2 or 4 MOA dot size. From what I've read the comp m4 has been officially adopted by the military as the next gen CCO. The Comp M3 never was, but that doesn't mean it wasn't built to the same standards as the M2 and the M4. It just means the military didn't see it as a vast improvement over the M2 and didn't want to update their supply.

OP, you're being neurotic.

Forgive me. I am new to all of this stuff and I am just trying to understand.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#7]
The Army issues the M2 and the M4. They never picked up the M3. It is a military grade optic with all the same features as the M2 + some upgrades. If you give your M3 to me then your worryfest will be over and you will never have to look at it again
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No actually I bought the Comp M3.

That's odd - I just went to Aimpoint's website to verify what I wrote.  I didn't see CompM3 under the sporting / hunting section, but I did see the CompC3.  The CompM3 is under the military.  Aimpoint must have modified their website.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top