Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2011 5:41:04 PM EDT
i havent found my answer by searching, so its time for a thread. I just built my first ar, using a stag 2h upper. it came with an f marked front sight, and a midwest industries rear flip up. im seeing that i forgot to buy the front sight tool, but i think i can make due with that. this rear sight doesnt adjust for elevation... correct?

How do i change the sight hole from big to small? i dont want to go pushin and pullin on it atm... figured id ask first! thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Rear is windage only, front is elevation only. You can make due with the front by using a nail or the tip of a bullet to adjust. To switch apertures you simply push the large aperture back to flip to the small one, and vise versa. The apertures are held in place by spring tension only, so don't worry, you wont break anything. Be aware, each aperture is set for a different elevation. If you zero at 50/200m with the large aperture the small one will be zeroed at 25/300m.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#2]

First off, welcome to the forum

You need not waste your money on a front sight tool, I use a small punch to do the job "bullets leave a copper film but will work too"

The rear sight should be on the 200/300m mark, large apurature for ≤200 targets, and 300 and greater for the small apurature.  The rear elevation knob would not be turned unless you are engaging a target beyond 300m.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks alot guys i appreciate it!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top