Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2011 6:07:45 AM EDT
I wanted to get the new Aimpoint Pro for $400.00. Well by the time I got the money together I could not find one anywhere. Everyone was out. Being the impatient type I did not want to wait the extra month or so before the dealers got them back in stock. So I bought a Aimpoint Comp M3 and a ADM mount for $600.00 shipped instead.

Its a nice optic and all but am I ever going to take it under 135 feet of water? Run it at 50 below zero or in 160 degree heat? Do I need 4 night vision settings? I doubt it and my wife just shakes her head when I tell her everything it does and why it justifies costing $600.00. I keep looking at the thing and kicking myself for not waiting a little longer for the Pro to get back on the dealers shelves and saving myself $200.00

I guess I will learn to love this one though. If its good enough for the military its good enough for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You have a superior optic and you have it now. Sunk costs are just that: sunk. Enjoy the optic, it's a good one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to get $200 of fun from your M3 in the next month.
Go burn through $500 worth of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You have to get $200 of fun from your M3 in the next month.
Go burn through $500 worth of ammo.

haha, perfect logic!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, but buyer's remorse doesn't qualify as a technical thread
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top