Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2011 3:34:01 PM EDT
I have had my 11" AR57 upper for a few years now and just love the darn thing.

I have ran my Eotech 512 on it for a few days but really didn't like the looks of it on there and it filled the entire rear rail not allowing any irons.

Then I bought the Primary Arms red dot (1st gen) and have had it on there untill a few days ago. I still didn't run any flip ups on it do to the front rail space being so limited.

Then I came across a great deal on a set of HK 416 sights. I had to put them on the AR57 and see how they felt and looked on it.

OMG! I took off the red dot and won't go back to it on this set up. The HK sights are just what I needed and wanted on this rig.

I love the old school look and feel of them. They make me miss my HK91...

Now, I may be doing a camo job on the rig for my next project.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
just bought one of these ar57' s and I like the look for yours. Would love to know everything you have done to yours. Especially like the grip and sights.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is an 11" pistol and it wears an Aimpoint 9000sc camo. It doesn't look pretty but it works and that is all I care about.

Did you have the 512 overhanging in the back? I didn't feel like unmounting the Aimpoint to check but when I held up my 512 to the side it seemed like it would overhang in the front and get in the way of mag changes. The 9000sc just barely offers enough room.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top